I Broke webCoRE!

That sounds worth trying. Where do I create that? If I go to settings and select “create another instance” I seem to keep getting options to register a browser, not another instance of webCoRE.

It says pausing piston for a while, but the piston never gets grayed out and moves to the “paused pistons” section.

try a couple more times … sometimes it takes a while

does the piston use any devices?

I still am… I keep trying to load it or pause it. So far about a dozen times each and no luck.

dont try to load it … just repeat pause.

Ok, I’ll try doing that a few times and see what happens. Thanks!

does the piston use any device?

It doesn’t operate any devices. It reads the on/off state and level of 8 or 9 dimmer switches though.

find one of those devices in things from the ST app and select the device. then go to smartapps tab. find the piston in the list of apps and click on. scroll down and clear all data.

then back out and try viewing the piston in dashboard.

I’ve tried pausing 10x so far… nothing different. It says “pausing piston” for about 5 seconds and the square tiles spin in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, but when both of those fade away the piston is still not paused.

see post above yours.

Just tried that and got this error. I’ll try some other devices.

Clear all data (including variables) nailed it… man, do I owe you one!!

Here is the piston you helped me recover. It’s amazing what a difference a simple “string State = ;” can make.

nice gauges!

the piston draws all the tiles every time any of the device switch or level changes? that would make it kind of a resource hog. :smiley:

Thanks!

It was my first pass using a device list and array instead of one piston for only one or two tiles.

I am certainly open to suggestions if you have any!

I also couldn’t figure out the “toggle” when tile is pressed doing it this way. Do you know any way to determine which tile number was pressed?

ahh … ok.

think i have shared examples in the past of just drawing the device tile that was changed. let me see if i can find one.

just draw the device tile that changed.

look under virtual devices when building a condition.

heres a quick example. it uses phone as the device but the basic principle is the same. take a look at line 40 in the piston.

Thanks! I’ll have to see if I can work that in, I think I understand what you’re doing there. Very nicely done!

sure thing.