Mobile app for webCoRE

No I agree, it was useful for us only because we had it set to send the current location every x minutes (whatever it was) along with the battery info, again in the event that we lost contact with the app we could look at the prior update and see what the battery strength was at the time.

Because this is presence-based, I would just include it in the update and make it another data element of that update. Again we used it more for “We haven’t received a location update from this user in X minutes and at the time their phone was < 10%. Notify the first person on their contact list that the phone may have died.” That was after we would ping the phone and attempt to get back a real-time update, which again would fail if the phone was dead.

I can’t say for sure I can come up with a piston I would use this for, at least right now.

I was thinking along the lines where like for me, i move around a fair bit. Home, office, meetings, school, grocery, etc. These are short drives around 10-20 mins tops in between destinations. I would use it to notify me if batteries are low and remind me to take my batter pack - which i have forgotten many a times. But in saying that, i now carry 4 battery packs…just to ensure that i don’t run out of juice :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed a bug in WebCoRE. When in the main instance, if I change the places in settings, I lose all my categories. I can put them back in and the pistons remember where they belong, but it is annoying.

Where do we put the places in, by the way; the main instance or the blank one we created for the mobile app?

Please try your best to make the app accessible for blind and visually impaired users of Talkback on Android and voice Over. Thanks all over the place for your work.

Would like to get invite to mobile app (presence). Tried to send PM and system won’t let me(??)

You are currently at trust level 0 (new user).

You need to be on TL1 to send PM’s… spend 30 minutes clicking on stuff and you’ll move up the ladder.

Is this still an issue? I installed the presence sensor under my main webcore instance. (before I read this obviously)

But i’d Suggest you write down at least one of the backup codes (one of the ones hiding behind the grey scratch panels) before removing the presence device, just in case.

@Robin

I guess I skipped a beat since I’ve been very busy this fall. Do you mean it’s now safe to use webcore presence sensor on main instance without fear of ST deleting everything? Thanks!

Yes

Cool, thanks! Getting up to speed on what happened in the last couple of weeks :expressionless:

Have you looked at a tool like appcellerator?

@ady624, have you had any issues with battery drain on Android? I installed the app last night, opened it but never signed in. This morning I look and it’s used about 20% of my battery.

Secondly, have you thought about making a donate version of the app? I have some Google Play Rewards laying around that I won’t have to tell my wife about if I use them to contribute to the cause.

Yeah. The app uses a lot of battery.

Kill the app. It doesn’t need to run in the background once set up.

I am going to do so and report back. Thanks all over the place for the suggestion.

My problem is that once I kill it, it doesn’t always work anymore. I arrived home earlier today, nothing. 10 minutes later I open the webCoRE app and bam within 10 seconds I “arrive” home. I have it set to disregard doze mode, battery optimization etc etc but still can’t get it to work reliably. It’s a bummer because I really love this feature of webCoRE and depend on presence sensing for my smart phone automations.

Can this be modified for local presence? Like which room in the home?little circles

Mobile GPS just isn’t that accurate… have you looked into iBeacons?

I am having this same issue, yet as far as I know - I am not even closing the app. I have double checked where I know to look, nothing is set to close the app, nor do I have any app managers. I think that is what is happening however, that it is getting closed some how. Same result, open app and near instant update (suggesting it was closed).

Of course still all of this should be allowed according to @bobbles in post #142.