Nest out of Eco when leaving work

Thought I would share this piston as something I have been trying to get working for ages, webCoRE and the Beta Presence sensor helped get me there. Also a bit of searching on here helped me find the correct command to use.

So with that in mind, the piston is actually very simple but allows for the Nest thermostat to be in Eco whilst away and start heating when returning. However, it keeps Nest in Away mode so the Nest camera’s stay on whilst you are traveling home.

Hi, how did you setup the ‘work’ did you had to put an adress? or do you have smartthings hub at work?

Using the WebCore presence sensor and created a ‘Work’ location within that. The presence sensor then knows I have left my work location and triggers the piston.

are you using a phone as your presence sensor or do you have a different device? When I select my phone it only allows me to select if it is “present” or “not present”. Any chance you could provide a little more detail into how you setup your WebCore presence sensor?

Apologies, I missed your question. As posted, use the WebCoRE presence sensor which allows for a number of addition locations other than just your home.

excellent thanks for the link!

So if it’s in ECO and it’s summer, you need a separate IF or piston to initiate cooling?

All you’d need is a simple if statement nested in the “then” section of this example. You can get really complex if you want to but, it technically is pretty simple. Here is a simple if statement that you could nest. Note that you can determine ‘Summer’ a few different ways. For me, I live in Michigan where it can be snowing one day and 70 degrees the next. Therefore it makes more sense to make the decision to heat or cool based off of temp than it does based off dates. Also, you will have to update your pistons at least once a year if you use dates since you have to select a year (as far as i can tell anyway).

~Is this still working for you?~
~When I’m in eco mode, coolbtn() doesn’t do anything (even with disable command optimization on) :frowning:~

Disregard that, I hadn’t given myself the write permission in my Nest developer account :blush: