[RELEASE] Value Tiles - DTH for displaying webCoRE variables / Stats in a 'Thing'

TouchƩ sir

Has anyone tried putting this device as an action tiles tile?

I tried and it came up with a question mark initially and then a pressed it and it looked like a normal switch. Any ideas how I can have it display just the top value?

Tried, discussed with @CosmicPuppy and not gonna workā€¦ you can get the main text to display in the footer of an action tiles tile, but not the centre where the question mark appears.

Well bummer, maybe I could make the footnote work. Nice work on this, though, as always, Robin!

We have a Category dedicated to WebCoRE in our ActionTiles Feedback forum.

Honestly, requests related to WebCoRE / ActionTiles integration have not been particularly popular; but the past couple of months have been quiet in WebCoRE too!

https://support.actiontiles.com/communities/12-actiontiles-forum/categories/152-core-and-webcore/topics

I didnā€™t see anything in the thread but is there anyway you could use icons instead of text?

You can use emoji but I donā€™t think ST supports the font awesome icons.

Wise guy huh? LOL I meant could you somehow link to graphics hosted someplace like youā€™d see in other device handlers?

hahaā€¦ then no, external icon references would have to be placed in a button tile (2 icons for on/off) or garage door tile (4 icons)ā€¦ and even then they are not dynamic, must be hard coded into the handler.

Maybe take a look at my alarm Clock DTH for some inspiration, it uses buttons with external references to icons on my GitHub.

Thereā€™s also a 4 state switch DTH in my githubā€¦ just something I was tinkering with.

Can you provide an example of using this with REST API calls? I have data that I would like to show as a device. The data exist in (example: http://192.168.1.100:3000/status/device1/attribute1/), and there are other values for /device1/attribute2, attribute3, etc.

Is it possible to create a device with said value being populated via REST?

No idea lolā€¦ havenā€™t looked at the REST APIā€¦ I donā€™t even have a ST hub anymore.

I have a thread in the smartthings forums to discuss this further:

Original Post Below, updated code in link above
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I created an updated version of the above Average Temperature DH. There are 2 pistons to update the ave temps for any device with this DH:

ā€œaverage temperaturesā€ is the main piston, set your DH devices as the top 3 variables and set your temperature devices in the main define block. no other configuration should be needed. The current DH is limited to 10 temperature devices per variable group (upstairs/downstairs/garage).

ā€œaverage temperature ctrlā€ piston runs the above piston every 20 minutes, or manually when the refresh button is pressed on the device details view. you need to set your DH switches and make sure the execute piston is pointing at the correct piston in your environment.

The newest WebCoRE import codes will be in the header section of the device handlers that use them.

very nice

Hi there,

I saw your posting and tried to use your code, but the github links you provided in the posting are no longer functioning.

Is this still something you are supporting because the thought of having tiles with all my grouped switches and other devices all held in one place is fantastic.

Please tell me this is still something you can give me the code for

Thanks so much

code is still there in the first post aboveā€¦ what I havenā€™t setup is full gitHub integration with ST, if thatā€™s your problem just copy/paste.

I am still supporting/updating this. let me know about any feature requests once you get it working.

I will need to update the github links above, I needed to change the folder naming to make it work with the st github integration (which should be working now).

Github : michaelbarone
name: smartThings
Branch: master

Will edit this post later from desktop with better install instructions and github links.

Very frustrating that I cannot use @Robinā€™s DTH to display tiles in ActionTiles :exploding_head:

Hi all
I have a piston to monitor a sump pump

how can i the run time and date on a st tile ?

you would need to install my value tiles device handler and create a simulated device using that handler.

You would then send the required values to the deivice using webCoRE, as per my example piston at the top of this thread.