Device Status Tiles

temperature
device_health
light
tiles
power

Hi macombweare,

The tiles display on the dashboard site where all of your pistons are displayed at but from your screenshot above, you don’t have your piston setup on a category that displays the tiles. It looks like you are going the Dashboard which displays the device statuses of all of your devices instead of displaying any tiles that are setup on your Pistons. Create a category first by going to settings on the left side, click on Categories option on top then create a category with the Tiles option selected on the dropdown besides the category you created.

Example of mine:

There’s several options for Tiles, any of the category types with Tiles will work, you can play around with the different size tiles:

Tiles and Details options will display the Piston List and the Tiles if you prefer to display it that way.

Once this is done, open your piston again and select that category that you created under Piston Category dropdown:

Example of my Door Lock Status Piston that is in the Device Status Tiles category:

thanks. though not the result i wanted, i did get it going

i started with presence sensors and was hoping to see AWAY or PRESENT status… ill tinker some more…

thanks again.

When you trigger one they will catch up :slight_smile:

What displays on the tiles can also be changed if you wish, you can have it show Away and Home in text form if you modify these variables on the top:

Right now it displays Font Awesome icons which is what the :fa-home: and :fa:user: is on that variable.

Full list of Font Awesome icons: http://fontawesome.io/cheatsheet/

When using webCoRe Presence Sensor, it’ll display the Place Name instead.

This is amazing!

My apologies if I missed it I. This thread but can you do anything like this in webCoRE? This was done using freeboard.

GRClark: You can have gauges instead of the tiles in webCoRE although doesn’t look exactly like your screenshot (search for gauge on the top of this site to find posts for examples). For the Temp History on your screenshot, you can setup Fuel Streams as well (search this site for examples as well).

Is there a way to change the background color of WebCore?
Is there a way to link directly to one of the WebCore instances (URL to my webcore tiles instance)?

Can someone please tell me how to ONLY display temperature and not humidity in this piston

Backup code: 8792 from here: https://wiki.webcore.co/Device_Tiles#Temperature.5CHumidity_Status_Tiles

Currently it displays both temp and humidity, and I just want temp.

This is the applicable code:

[$currentEventDevice:humidity]>0 ? ({Convert2Celsius} == ‘true’ ? celsius({format(’%.0f’, decimal([$currentEventDevice:temperature]))})‘°C’ : “{format(’%.0f’, decimal([$currentEventDevice:temperature]))}{TempDisplay}”’ ‘"{format(’%.0f’, decimal([$currentEventDevice:humidity]))}%") :
({Convert2Celsius} == ‘true’ ? celsius({format(’%.0f’, decimal([$currentEventDevice:temperature]))})‘°C’ : “{format(’%.0f’, decimal([$currentEventDevice:temperature]))}{TempDisplay}”)

Edit: could someone explain what is going on here with this code? What are the == doing? Is that > 0 ? phrase a funky way of writing an if statement? not a coder

I am pretty sure that all you need to do is delete the following text from your piston:

’ ‘"{format(’%.0f’, decimal([$currentEventDevice:humidity]))}%"

That should totally remove any tile display of humidity. Just pay extra attention when you do this. It is very easy to unintentionally delete the wrong section. (It starts with a single quote and a space, and it ends with a percent sign and a double quote)

To answer your coding question in laymans terms:
If humidity is greater than 0, then do blah blah blah…
If local variable is ‘true’ then do blah blah blah…
If it is not "true’ then do what is on the other side of the space colon space ( : )

Or if this helps to visualize:
( H ? T : F )
If H is true, then do T, otherwise, do F

The section you are removing is the last part of the ‘false’ statement.

Thanks, very helpful. That is exactly what I needed. Appreciate the prompt response. It’s been working for a few days now.

Hi,
I am looking for a tile that can have a date and time on it any ideas

Here is one of my tiles:
temp - or - temp - or - temp

Using this code:

My footer tells me how today’s temp compares to the average historical data for this day… (A great way to see if we are experiencing a warm front or a cold front) Of course, you could easily change the footer to $time. Just be aware that it only updates when the piston is run, so the time will always be a bit off unless you run it every minute. (Not recommended)

I’m bumping this since the NullPointerException error still occurs with the Light Bulb and Light Switch Status Tiles. I was scratching my head but another topic with the same error actually gave me a clue to the solution of the error problem. I’m reproducing it here for those who want to fix it.

To define the problem first, the NullPointerException error occurs because the currentEventAttribute is not ‘tile’, it’s something coming from another device and so the variable TilePressDeviceID comes up out of bounds and you get the error. The fix is actually simple, check that currentEventAttribute is ‘tile’ before the check for a tile press and you’re good to go.

Take this part:
BadCode

and change it to this:
NoError

Since only tile presses are recognized, the error is gone.

Edit: the same error occurs in the Door Lock Status Tiles piston and the fix is similar.

Here’s the error causing code:
BadLockCode

And with the check:
NoLockError

I set up the currentEventAttribute check If statements then used the drag and drop feature to move the original tilePressDeviceID code inside. Nice and easy.

Oh boy! You might have just solved for my one primary reason for sort of letting webcore dashboard tiles to age and not really finish the deployment I wanted. Well this is layered dashboards such that I could drill into secondary ones from a top dashboard… However the tilePressDeviceID was a big stumbling block. So much for getting outside this weekend. Looks like I’ll be back at webcore dashboards! :slight_smile:

Yeah, getting the error (especially on a piston that’s supposed to be an example) is kind of off-putting. I got a clue from another thread and after over-thinking things a bit (and trying some things that didn’t work), I posted in the Piston: Design Help section for help with a good description of what the problem actually was (which can make all the difference in getting to a solution) but before I got a reply there I got back to basics and KISS principle and sorted it out finally. Since I hadn’t been able to find any explanation or solution anywhere else, I felt I should post my result here for the benefit of the community. I’m happy you found it useful.

Sorry about your weekend, it’s getting chilly here so I wouldn’t want to get out too much but you can sort of manage with a tablet outside too. :wink: I only just started with WebCoRE and while the dashboard is a bit basic, it’s great! I’ve been spending way too much time setting up a dashboard (two versions, one for tablets with all size tiles and one for phones with just small tiles). Happy coding! Here’s my mobile dashboard for possible motivational value:

And the Tablet one:

Edits: Add Tablet version, update images showing different state for some tiles.

First of all. Thanks more than I can really say for all the work that’s gone into this and for the results. This appears to be exactly what I wanted.
The one embarrassing caveat: Apparently, I’m such a noob at webCoRE that I wasn’t sure how to actually view these tiles.
I figured it out, though: how to enable tile view for pistons

I’ve looked through and I can’t seem to find the Tile Pistons for Weather. Any help?

The code for the weather changed drastically a few weeks ago… I’m not sure how many updated pistons have been released publicly yet… (I am still tweaking mine)

In the meantime, there are lots of tiled pistons out there that are using the old weather data from Wunderground… Any one of us can download and edit those to line up with the new $twcweather parameters.

Is there a way to change the background color of WebCore?

Is there a way to link directly to one of the WebCore instances (URL to my webcore tiles instance)?