Pistons have stopped working! [daylight savings time issues]

fixed

I already unplugged and plug the ST.

Another example of my partially functional webCoRE:

This piston is working only when I press Test and the Bedroom ON. If I am not in Test and Trace ON, the piston do not work automatically. Do you have an idea what is the problem? Those pistons worked 4 months until last night…I am very frustrated. :frowning:

I don’t think it’s webcore… your hub / ST cloud don’t seem to be sending events to WC… The piston can ask for the state when triggered via the test button but isn’t receiving events automatically.

Can you try a different smartapp… see if that is receiving events?

I tried also “AdamV : Button controller with dimming, double clicks, & click-holds” it’s not working!!! :frowning:

I will backup all the pistons and I am preparing to start from the beginning… :(( if you dont have other idea.

Maybe post on the ST forum… more people there as it’s not webCoRE related.

If you do end up going down the nuclear route… check this post to ensure you have the correct codes:

Write down both the red and green codes to be safe.

And bear in mind that the ‘backup to file’ function is of little use as there isn’t a ‘restore from file’ function yet.

I don’t have anymore Commit changes | Update from repo | Settings buttons !!!

https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/githubAuth/step1

You’re account got really messed up… do you have a new location showing by any chance?

You have similar symptoms to the botched migration beta testers.

I don’t know why, but this morning is working all again. Like magic. Even with the mess from the My SmartApps. Maybe because I wrote to [email protected] and to @ady624. And they are magic providers. :slight_smile:

Last I heard, daylight savings time fix was temporary last fall, and expected to be a problem again. Should we be watching our pistons as they try to reschedule overnight?

@webCoRE_Minions

Some of them failed overnight. Some didn’t.

Isn’t this to do with the fact that the piston schedules the time to wake up the piston the day before the time change. The clocks change and the schedule is now one hour out.
After it runs then it will be OK from then on.
Not 100% sure though.

Yes, that’s likely the issue. It was mighty cool in the house this morning though…:flushed:

I have a piston that is supposed to run every 10 min. But it did not make the transition to DST. When I look at the logs, the next time to run is 1 hr and 10 min away from the last time it ran. I also just tried to kick-start it by doing an Edit, then Save. The new time is again 1 hr and 10 min from now.

FYI or Fun Fact for everyone…
DST stands for Daylight Saving Time not Daylight Savings Time. :slight_smile:

Sorry guys, got DST issues again? I thought they were fixed?! :frowning:

Yeah, some of my pistons fired an hour later … but they’re non-critical pistons. Some of the DST issues seem to be correcting itself this morning, though, so I’m going to wait a bit more to see what happens before I start griping and whining :wink:

Just to add info, but not complaining, I have a non-critical piston that checks that my front door is locked (reports status actually) and the battery level of the lock. It’s designed to execute at 8:30 pm and has worked perfectly. It fired last night with DST at 9:30pm. I have other pistons that use motion sensing triggering lights but those are too involved to eailty check.
~update~
Worked as expected the next night. Fine now.

Yeah, we noticed a delay in execution here on pistons tied to Sunrise, but everything caught up pretty quickly after that. Just seems to me the timers are being set the day before the change and don’t anticipate or adapt to DST.