Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

rooms
manager
occupancy
rules
automation

What are you using for your sleep sensor?

i dont use google home. if you one of you that do would be kind enough to try pushing a button on a room from google home and see if that works?

heres the button reference for a room:

• occupied = 1
  • checking = 2
  • vacant = 3
  • locked = 4
  • reserved = 5
  • kaput = 6
  • donotdisturb = 7
  • asleep = 8
  • engaged = 9

thank you.

UPDATE: updated version 0.09.4 to github with the following changes:

*  Version: 0.09.4
*   DONE:   12/30/2017
*   1) updated device tiles layout and added a bunch of indicators.
*   2) added checking state to room busy check.

last release of 2017 … happy new year everyone!

I am using the WebCore Presence sensors. Very easy to setup up and it works well. Still in the process of automating the asleep/awake function associated with it.

Some information on the Webcore presence sensor can be found here: [Install Instructions] webCoRE Presence Sensor on your Android (beta)

so go in to the webcore presence sensor and push the sleep button? or is there any kind of sleep device that you are using to automate that?

For my Android phone I was able to link the Asleep trigger to a Tasker/Sharp Tools profile which flips a virtual switch when my phone is wirelessly charging.

The second member of my house uses an iPhone and I am working on writing a piston that essentially flips a virtual switch to change the sensor to asleep if certain criteria are met. Still working on this one. Wish iPhone could use Tasker…

You could link it to a smart watch which is monitoring sleep/wake. I might try that for the android.

My iphone using GF doesn’t use a smart watch unfortunately.

got it, thanks.

I am sometimes too lazy to open the app and hit a button. So I will go to great lengths to avoid that. :joy:

i dont use a smart watch either but does the iwatch does that too?

I think you could write a webhook in IFTTT which can trigger a virtual switch to change the sensor to asleep based on the data on a smart watch. I have yet to try it though.

Maybe even use a built in health app that tracks sleep as well. (ON a phone)

should look into this one for us iphone users. :slight_smile:

i have some planned half-thought automation for detecting asleep state … will get to it after the next couple of things that are lined up.

Would love to see it sometime. If I figure out a way to tap into app data and/or watch data I will let you know. I am sure there are smarter people than me working on that as well. (I barely know what I am doing, but my desire to have everything automated without opening apps is strong).

you and me both. :slight_smile:

You made this amazing app and continually push out updates and new features extremely fast!

The webCoRE community as a whole is fantastic! So much corroboration and communication. Let’s keep it going in 2018!

theres a bit more coming. i am a big believer in touch free automation so have a few other things planned before it kind of gets there for ~80% of users / use cases.

thank you for using the app.

you are right it is going into checking on any contact change I reviewed the logs this time- I guess I either have to find a motion device I can place outside the view of the door and the time between opening and walking out to closing it that the motion will not get reported (probably take them out of test mode so their status is more delayed on updates. (never thought I would say a frequently updated motion sensor was a bad thing).

Thanks for dealing with my little slice of the world -

side note: in the later comments about sleep sensor I recently picked up the almond push button 3packs on amazon for like $48. I use those right now placed with 3m command strips on the headboard to activate my sleep status in the rooms I have configured and seems to be working out fairly well. Albeit not exactly hands free but for those looking to use the asleep state may work out or at least make it easier to add a simple 2 function button (with webcore) 3 function with button smartapp.

in real world usage i have also found that having a 30 second motion update delay works better more often than not.

will check it out. didnt know those work with ST.

every bed in my home has a xiaomi button to put the room in asleep mode. that seems to work for the most part but still looking at if i can make that more user proof … thinking that thru … dont know if it will work out yet :slight_smile: