Security/Alarm Piston

I’m looking to try to use Smartthings as a security system. Would anybody be willing to share what they have set up for this to give me some ideas/inspiration?

Looking for examples on arming and disarming

sure thing… example pistons to follow
:yum:

This one arms the system, it also let’s me know if our dog has been left at home.

This one arms at nighttime & disarms if someone gets up and walks down the stairs…
There is a lot in this piston which relys on my room occupancy detection…

It’s mainly to let me know which of our kids it is that has woke up.

This one disarms if we unlock the front door.

I do apologise, but I’ve just edited this several times because I made those pistons ages ago and have just noticed that there were a few things needed changing,

Now they are upto date… :roll_eyes:

Ok, now I need to rething my entire security setup :slight_smile:

If only I could get it to play well with my (GE Based) Alarm.Com solution too … then I would be in geekheaven :closed_lock_with_key:

This one is a monitoring Piston.
It keeps track of my alarm which is synced to a virtual switch and synced to shm.

In my case, I have ST watch and respond to my monitored alarm, but it can’t influence or manipulate my alarm.

This tells me the alarm status as I or wife drive up to house, and helps track of alarm state as Piston state, showing the status of all doors and locks.

@JohnHoke
See Piston above… it’s all based around my lower tech but isolated alarm integration project.
If you skim over the video in the linked post, you’ll understand setup and why, and possibly, depending on your alarm, you may be able to create a similar low tech bridge.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/honeywell-vista-20p-15p-integration-not-iot-connected-security-concerned-users/86663?u=cozdabuch