Using the Locations available in Settings to find out when you're away from work

1) Give a description of the problem
What I want to achieve is making the termostat set itself to a certain temperature whenever I leave work.

2) What is the expected behavior?
The webCORE piston whould now when my presence sensor leaves a location and do something then.

3) What is happening/not happening?
I have managed to add a new place caled Work in Settings > Places in the web interface, but I am not able to make use of those places whatsoever.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)

10/3/2017, 11:17:00 AM +413ms
+5ms ╔Received event [Home].test = 1507018620373 with a delay of 30ms
+187ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 50ms > PS > 90ms > PE > 53ms > CE
+202ms ║Runtime (35454 bytes) successfully initialized in 90ms (v0.2.0e7.20170906) (189ms)
+207ms ║╔Execution stage started
+568ms ║║Comparison (dynamic) Empty device list is_different_than (string) Work = true (9ms)
+579ms ║║Condition #8 evaluated true (325ms)
+582ms ║║Condition group #7 evaluated true (state did not change) (332ms)
+597ms ║║Cancelling statement #5’s schedules…
+794ms ║║Executed physical command [Bedroom Thermostat].setHeatingSetpoint([23.0]) (167ms)
+795ms ║║Executed [Bedroom Thermostat].setHeatingSetpoint (176ms)
+801ms ║║Cancelling statement #9’s schedules…
+836ms ║║Error executing virtual command [].sendPushNotification: (24ms) java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method translate() on null object
+896ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (693ms)
+928ms ╚Event processed successfully (931ms)

I thought about using the location variable, but it didn’t do the trick as it appears to be null all the time. Can someone please guide me through and show me how the Places are supposed to be used?

Have you tried something like this?

That looks cool and promising! But, in my situation, I am trying to achieve that with a mobile presence sensor and I don’t seem to have that capability.

Could you please share with me the device handler you are using for your presence sensor?

Are you using the webcore app as your mobile presence sensor?

I am using the phone with the SmartThings app.

Ok, so I’m slightly confused. In your first post it sounds like you are trying to use webcore places, and if that is the case you will need to make sure that you have installed the dth from @ady624 along with the webcore app from TestFlight (if your using iOS)

Please check out this link for more instructions that you can follow.

https://community.webcore.co/t/installing-the-webcore-presence-sensor-on-your-iphone-beta/1201?u=baz2473

Once you have done it all then you’ll be able to import the piston above or make your own to do exactly what you are expecting.

Thank you so much for the clarification, it cleared out everything!
Sorry for not finding that post before asking my question, I really did search though.

Are you setting the location, ‘Work’, as a variable or value in webCoRE?