7 Buttons - one piston. Am I doing this right?

1) Give a description of the problem
(I have a Mi magic cube. With the right DH this appears as 7 buttons. I want to create logic for all seven buttons. Memory utilization is about 24%. I would think it should be more efficient)

2) What is the expected behavior?
(Lower memory usage)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(Everything works as expected, unless buttons are “presses” to quickly in succession. I suspect this is due to too much overhead)

**4) Post a Green Snapshot

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
(I will upload logs if needed.)

Thanks!

You should wait for someone with more skills to answer but I would have used case switch (advanced statement) instead of elseif (1 trigger instead of 7) and you’ll probably need to set task cancellation policy to never.

Take that with a grain of salt tho, I write more in order to be corrected (again) and learn than to give you any kind of advice.

what @Kebel871 said. only the first para :slight_smile:

EDIT: if you do switch to case structure, put in a break statement at the end of each case’s tasks.

OK, next question: How do I specify in case statement button 1, 2 etc?
This is what I have so far as a test:

tried ‘string’ already?

I get tripped up on how to write the case statement. Case 1 should be button #1, case 2 should be button #2 and so on.
So Case Type = single value. But what do I use for “switch expression matches”?

A similar question was asked recently about handling numeric keypad presses. This advice should apply to your device as well. Try a switch ($currentEventDeviceIndex) to handle events for each of the 7 buttons.

see you have tried 1/2/… if thats not working try ‘1’/‘2’/… so on.

Finally working! Based on advice from ipaterson. Thanks all for your help.

Below is the working piston in case it helps anybody else