All "waits" PENDING

Same problems happening here as described above. It started some weird behaviors and conflicts with multiple things trying to catch up at once. so I had to disable webcoRE for now.

Thanks for taking the time, @fredfon… It seems your issue is similar to the others in this thread…

It set a wakeup for 7:14:11 PM EDT (in 20s), but it was 78 seconds late, as seen in the “recovery” at 7:15:29 PM.

I have absolutely no proof for this, but every time I see delayed WAITs globally, I imagine that some newbie recently created a looping piston… Which could inadvertently, initiate a DoS attack on the SmartThings server… (thereby impacting all of us on the same shard)

Hi WCmore,

Is there anyone we should alert or tag? I’m curious for the future, when things get bad like this, what adequate next steps would be.

As always, thank you for your expertise.

Well, to be honest… When everyone is having the same issue, I usually do not make a single change to any piston.

It likely means either a temporary hiccup, or SmartThings is changing something on their end, and hopefully, we’ll return to our Smart home shortly.

(although it might be wise to post errors to the forum so the ST programmer(s) can get nearly instant feedback to their latest changes)

I did end up changing one piston, and made it robust enough to be executed in less time, and being able to pick back up from a recovery. But that was before I realized it was a webCoRe-wide issue, or rather not my piston’s fault. At this point, I had to pause any delay, wait, or time dependant piston.

Thank You for looking at this.

I can concur that none of my pistons with a ‘wait’ in them (which is pretty much all of them) are working properly. Since it’s affecting many people, I’m not going to change anything to try to fix it on my end but hope something that seems to be fairly large and obvious won’t take long to resolve.

Still messed up 24 hours later.
So this is a SmartThings issue not a WebCore issue?

Same here. All of my pistons that have wait commands in them are broken. I took out a wait command on one of them and it worked just fine. Added the wait command back in and it does not execute past the wait. My lights have been staying on for several days now. I hope someone figures out what is going on with WebCore.

-S1930

No pistons are executing

I honestly don’t know for sure, but if history is any indication, this is on ST.

Seems to be working now.

Just turned everything back on and it looks like some are working. I will have to wait for night time to see if all return to normal.

I learned a long time ago, to never make any major changes to my code right before the weekend… LOL

For the few I’ve tested so far, all seems to be working again.

Same

Yes, they seem to be working. start rant/Why did we have to indur the inconvenience without an explanation?/end rant. Sure wasted a lot of our time.

I am experiencing this exact issue with all “waits” going into pending and then counting up…

Can anyone confirm if they are still experiencing issues with “waits”?

The “counting up” is usually just a browser bug, and typically has no bearing on what is really going to happen.

Pressing Ctrl-F5 to hard refresh your browser should update the display.

THANKS. Maybe the count up is a bug then, but the Piston is triggering and it still seems like the wait is where it’s getting stuck. Can I ask you to look at the above Piston and see if there is something else that could be causing it to go to pending?

@WCmore

I do not use “WHEN TRUE” or “WHEN FALSE” like that…
The general structure I follow is something like:

IF switch changes to off  <-- Trigger, so no need to force subscribe
Then
    With Switch 2 & Switch 23  (TCP set to Never)
        Wait 10 sec
        Turn on
        Send PUSH
    END WITH
END IF