Baby's Room Temperature Alert

Temperature sensor in baby’s room. Would like to push notification if temperature drops below 70 degrees and stays below for more than five minutes. but only alert once then alert again every 10 minutes but stop alerting if temperature raises back above 70.

I have a motion sensor as well and only want this piston to fire if sensor senses motion once every 15 minutes indicating that the baby is in the room either sleeping or playing, otherwise no alerts needed.

Need this to be as reliable as possible. Possibly with some kind of checks and balances to make sure everything is running.

Let me know if there is anyone willing to take on this challenge for me.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Here’s a start

Hey Alan,

Thank you for the start. Anymore help on the rest of the design?

I would make 2 separate pistons. Here is the second one.

I wouldn’t do it that way. I suspect that will alert you 5 minutes after the temp drops below 70 and then stop.

This is how I would do it using a while loop.

I tried using the example m4asg at the top of this tread and the last example htjp and neither would trigger for me.

I have a Motion/temperature sensor in my computer closet that I simply want it to notify me via push to my phone when it gets to 80 deg or above.

I’ve attached both of my examples. The second one is setup with test temperatures which should trigger it now for testing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Variety of possible reasons they wouldn’t work, but we can try to tailor one for you. Took the last one you posted and amended it, see if this works for you. Just have to populate with the sensor who’s temperature you wish to reference.

FYI, once you have this dialed in, I would review the 1x minute interval. That could end up being a lot of notifications. Especially if you are not home and cant do anything about it. Could add in a mode or presence restriction to help with that.

Push notification to cell phone when temperature sensor reaches 80 degrees

The 1 minute was only for testing.

In your example I assume the alert would go out to anyone with the ST app installed. How about just to MY phone?

Yes to all at the moment, ST wont allow push notifications to individuals, you would have to go push SMS route for that. Please make sure you are looking at piston 8bwr8 that I posted since it has a small correction.

I have two pistons configured to send Push only to MY phone when doors open, it does work. I just can’t get this one to work with the temperature sensor…

However, I did notice the other Pistons use a variable to monitor the state of the door. Maybe that’s what I’m missing? Here’s what one of them looks like.

Variables likely wont impact this, I am suspect of the device you are using to send that notification. It should be “location” and not an actual device in best practice. On your line 27 of cpqb example I would click on that presence sensor and then uncheck it as the device in the pop up window. Click save and it should change that device to “location”. See if that fixes it.

I imported your 8bwr8 example and changed the logic to less then 80 for testing, it’s not working…no alerts.

I have logs on Full and nothing has happened.

The Piston has “true” next to it on the main page.

Taking this to the thread you started here --> Push notification to cell phone when temperature sensor reaches 80 degrees