Cant make a piston play a specific spotify song on sonos

Saypreset is listed in the latest readme.md on Github right under say and sayall. And I use saypreset, so I know it works.:+1:

Think I might be on an old version, I installed it about a year ago. I’ll check I’m upto date.

Given the s/w is around 3 years old, I must be upto date.

I can see the saypreset in the readme.md, but it appears to be an action on a room, so I would have expected the command to be
http://localhost:5005/lounge/saypreset/announce/hello%20paul
However, that just hangs too?

but it appears to be an action on a room

No, that’s incorrect. Again, what would be the point of a preset acting on a single device? That is what the SAY command does.

According to the readme, say & saypreset are listed as actions, for a room command. I agree it doesn’t really make sense to run a preset against a room, however, it does talk about preset adding devices to an initial controlling device.

I’ve copied your json & url (making only the changes for my system) and it still just hangs, eventually the web page times out with no response from server.

The app seems good at validating the json file, its also interesting that saypreset behaves the same as an action on its own, and following a room name. i.e both never respond, but neither are listed as an error.

I’m wondering if it could be my sonos setup? I’m using 2 gen 1 play 5’s connected via the sonos hub, running the sonos legacy app.

say & saypreset are listed as actions, for a room command.

I see where you’re getting that, but it’s simply not so. The documentation is unclear and wrong to imply that. There are other actions on that list, like “pauseall,” that are also not room commands.

Again, I use say preset and know how it works. I have eight rooms, and I have three presets that provide notifications in 2, 5, or all 8 rooms. When I invoke saypreset it pauses and ungroups the current groups, regroups according to the preset, plays the speech on the new group, then restores all settings to the original group and restarts playback.

It could well be your setup; I just don’t know.

I’ve found that it is partially working.

If I group all my speakers and monitor the rooms in the sonos app, when the command is run, the new grouping is correctly created, but then nothing else happens. You can see a voicers file on the grouped devices, if its played, it is the correct message.

So it seems to stop when trying to play the file. Hopefully someone on gitter will have come across this issue. It’s very frustrating, as this is the functionality I need.

I’ve just reconfigured the sonos system to remove the bridge and use wifi. It’s still behaving in the same way.