Create a push question then do action based on answers

1) Give a description of the problem
I would like to recieve a “yes or no” question to my phone wich then makes actions based on what i respond

2) What is the expected behaviour?
That i can choose “yes or no” in a push or something like that

3) What is happening/not happening?
Cannot find the possibility

This should get you started, similar premise

Instead of setting this up with a voice service like Alexa or Google, I created a separate piston that turns on the yes switch. Sending the external url of that piston in a text message to my phone, I can activate that piston ultimately turning on the virtual yes switch. The rest works exactly the same as in the post above.

It is cool seeing that concept being recycled… :+1:

One small tip… If you want both links (yes and no) in the same text message, you may want to consider using a URL shortener like TinyURL. This way, the SMS can remain short & sweet. IE:

Do you work tomorrow? (or any question)
Yes = https://tinyurl.com/vhwt6
No = https://tinyurl.com/thjhs1

Those two links can either trigger the same piston (with different args), or different pistons entirely.

It continues to be useful (even after the demise of echo speaks)

Thanks for the tip. One piston, using args but the thought to use a shortner never crossed my mind. End result is so much nicer in SMS.

My voice alerts are still chugging along beautifully… :sunglasses:

With TinyUrl, it is even possible to customize the end string (if nobody has used it before, that is)

This would have worked if i lived in the US. But sms is disabled for EU and push does not help me click on link. So i could use it just to remind me to click if this is the case now, but then i could also just run a scene instead of turning on a switch :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

You could always place a shortcut to the link on your device homescreen; using the push notification to only pose the question, hit yes or no on your homescreen.

If your phone is Android, you can use webCoRE > Tasker, (with the AutoNotification plugin). You can fully customize up to three clickable buttons in the notification tray… Touch one, and your response can be sent to webCoRE via URL link or using arguments.

(the red text above is just notes showing the name of the variables)

Normally, 3 choices is plenty, so the above is fairly easy to create… but if you are patient, you can get quite elaborate with AutoNotification…

A few sample pics below, which could point to dozens of pistons / actions: