Door Left Open Reminder - Configurable by Individual Contact

So at this test, my first notification was 14 minutes, and my second notification was 29 minutes. Soooooo, the times actually were right, but the distance between them, and why they came at those times is a mystery. Your recommending I import your last piston?

Ill do that then now…

So if I am understanding correctly. If I have the window dooralerttime set to 10 and the doorrepeattime set to 10…the msgs should come like this…Kitchen window opened for 10 minutes, Kitchen window opened for 20 minutes…etc.etc.

The same idea would be, if I had the window dooralerttime set to 10 and the doorrepeattime set to 15…the messages should come…Kitchen window has been opened for 10 minutes, kitchen window has been opened for 25 minutes, kitchen window has been opened for 40 minutes…

IS that correct?

So I think I got things are working pretty good now. When I set the minalertime to 1, I got a better understanding of what is going on.

So my kitchen window test, ran correctly at 10 minutes and then 21 minutes…Which was appropriate. I only been working with one contact sensor up to this point. Tomorrow I am going to add a bunch more, so I hope things still work.

I do have one last question perhaps you can answer.

If the kitchen window is open, and remains open. Then the front door opens…Will Piston B pick up and report the front door? If the report time is less than the kitchen window?

The notification times will vary slightly for a variety of reasons. A minute or two off is not uncommon. That was why I originally rounded the times. It annoyed me for absolutely no good reason. :rofl:

Yes.

@bthrock I’m happy to report, that this morning, after it was such a warm day, and we had multiple doors/windows open, everything functioned as such.

After seeing the piston in motion though, I was thinking of a couple different variations I wanted to try.

The first thing is I would like to make the notification Speak, but only the first time…And then subsequently after that only make it go to sms. I was going to attempt something like this starting at line 65.
Do you think something like this syntax would work?

iF {timeOpenList[$device]} < {doorAlertTimes[$device]}
Then
Speak to Echo.
Else
Send SMS

I am trying to add it, but I cannot figure out how to add in a IF at line 65. I see you have one, for your If’s with presence sensors, but cant seem to track down how to get it in there.

Glad to hear it’s working for you.

You can an ‘if’ anywhere anywhere the words ‘+ add a new statement’ appear in the editing window.

I be misreading your intent, but my first impression is that your ‘IF’ statement isn’t going to work quite the way you want. Unfortunately I’m on the run this morning and will have to take a closer look at a bit later to be sure.

I got it going…Looking forward to growing this thing