Echo dot playing mp3

1) Give a description of the problem
Dog barking noises won’t play on the Echo Dot

2) What is the expected behavior?
When Front yard motion turns active then the echo will play an mp3

3) What is happening/not happening?
mp3 not playing

Post an image of your piston. Use the green camera icon to generate the image. Also turn on trace before you create the image. Post logs for the piston.

I am using a switch right now to test it but going to replace it with a motion detector if it starts working.

Where is your mp3 hosted?
Not asking or thew actual URL but where is it?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/sonos/dogs. mp3

Without the space between dogs. and mp3

I guess it’s in the amazon cloud based on where the url is coming from.

ok mp3 is working…
so @jkp kp is right can you pls share the logs…

Would you mind testing this piston without using a variable. Just adding the URL directly.
I vaguely remember something like that with my sonos speakers while back…

So when I try it with the variable or directly the only thing the speaker says is “Dogs” then stops.

I can’t l’sten to the recording now, link is no longer working but wasn’t that just barks??? where does it say DOGS??

Yeah it’s suppose to be dogs barking but when I run that piston the only thing the echo dot says is dogs. I tried this with another mp3 link I found and it would just say the whatever was between last / and .mp3.

did you try this without a variable?
and did you try anything somewhere else? some other automation??.

Because with the piston you shared can never say dogs…

I just tried it without a variable and got the same result. I also tried entering the url into echo speak smartapp but also got the same result. No idea why its saying dogs.

maybe it wants a real dog in the house:)))
sorry man I have no idea how to help further…

Just might have to get one lol. Thanks man

What DTH are you using for your Echo Dot? How do you have it connected to ST? Cause I just used that link from webCoRE to my Google Home Mini connected through Cast-Web-API and it worked perfectly. So, if it’s not working for you, I would suspect the DTH isn’t handling the command correctly.

"Play Track" on Echo Dot Reads Name of MP3 but Fails to Play It

So I installed ST-Community-Installer then had to install Echo Speaks to get my echo device to show up in smartthings. I feel like everything their is right.

Okay. Can you play any other tracks from webcore? I dunno what else to tell ya, the command and URL work for me, so it must be a device problem.