Echo Speaks piston with variables

1) Give a description of the problem
I would like to create one piston that has three variables - a list of physical devices to identify the target Echo(s) for the message, an alert phrase, and a more detailed message phrase. I have created a piston with these variables, but I can’t figure out how to call it and pass all of the unique values necessary.

2) What is the expected behavior?
I can create a functional piston and use the Echo Speaks piston to make an announcement when something happens, using a custom message for the functional piston, delivered only to the selected Echo(s).

3) What is happening/not happening?
When I add an ‘Execute Piston’ task in my functional piston I am only able to define a value for one variable, even though I can select more than one.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!

It appears you cannot pass a device as an argument. Also, the variable you pass into a piston has to have the same name in the calling piston. Then you reference using $args.varName.

Hmmm, not being able to pass a device poses a problem for this scenario. I’m still not sure I follow your explanation, is there an online reference that explains how to handle arguments/parameters for a called piston?

Documentation is sparse but you can see this thread:

I did a bunch of searching here in the forums and found a little bit but it is confusing. The end result was what I tried to explain above. so say you have a string variable in piston 1 ‘foobar’. Then in piston 2, you access that variable using $args.foobar. See this thread for more discussion: