Garbage Collection Reminder

And this is exactly why I wrote my piston to calculate its own holidays, rather than rely on an external holiday notification. In my area, the garbage holidays are NYD, PresidentsDay, Memorial, July4, Labor, Columbus, Xmas. Three are hard dates so that’s easy. The other four are all expressed as the “X-th Monday of (month)”, which is a rule that can easily be written. Why rely on externals when you don’t have to?

The advantage of the externals is that you can ask for a range (e.g., you need to know whether there is a holiday in the next week before or at the day in question) – rather than having to loop over each day a single result makes this a lot easier.

On another note – I have seen the holiday piston and it does look a little “brute force” to me. Using formatDate() you could make it a lot more compact:

Ok, need a little help here. So I’m looking at my dashboard right now and I see this, which is what I would expect. Capture
However last night and this morning I got these notifications

Here is a green snapshot of the piston.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can’t remember exactly who I stole this from, but it was in this thread.