Get a sound to repeat over and over until an event change?

Fair enough.

I still think you will have infinitely more reliable results with a single l-o-n-g sound clip instead of trying to loop a small file…

But you do you…

I do not want to be the one to squash anyone’s dreams. :sunglasses:

The reason why I don’t care for the long audio clip is the Google Speakers will kill it when it thinks it is being triggered. And it’s a guessing game how long it is needed for.

Once I get an audio clip made, I can look more into this.

@WCmore touched on some general concerns that I was going to express when it comes to playing audio clips but i’ll share my experience instead.

I use cast-web-api to interface with my google devices. One specific use is to “echo” my doorbell in my basement where it natively cannot be heard. The doorbell mp3 is stored on the same device that hosts the cast-web node server. The piston is triggered by doorbell button press and takes 2 seconds on average to begin playing the sound in the basement (longest measured latency of 6 sec).

With that being said, if the doorbell is pressed again before the sound finishes, the first sound is cut short to start the second instance.

In a use case where is sound does not require the full length to be played (i.e. a buzzer, alarm, doorbell, etc), a repeating loop may work. I would avoid any sort of spoken warning.

Just be prepared for some delayes and potential “overlapping”.

I believe this will need to be a trigger statement.
Smoke changes to clear rather than is clear.