Holiday Lights: 4th of July / Diwali / Halloween / Christmas - Your Pick

4thofjuly
diwali
halloween
christmas
holiday

I added them to smart things directly though add a thing

i dont use hue … maybe someone else with hue bulbs can jump in and confirm if this works or not.

What bulbs are you using? Ill maybe start over from scratch again and see what happens when I actually have the time and patients to do so. Time to see if the hawks can finish this game strong

i use osram bulbs. primary colors work well other colors work fine for holiday lights and stuff like that.

good luck! :smile:

@bangali was thinking of getting some smart pug in sockets to turn on off “dumb Christmas lights” would I have to create a seperate variable for the just on off lights? Or should they work and just ingnore the dim /change colour command?

Edit

@Boarderc577 for reference I also use Osram lights and they work great :slight_smile:

I’m using hue lamps for mine but though the Hub. never tried to connect one direct to ST.

@bangali congratulations you have managed the impossible and got a positive response from my wife about “that crap I’m always messing with”. I’m away with work right now but on the 1st December our garage outside lights started their Christmas colours and shortly after she rolled up from work I received an email saying she was not expecting that and that they looked great. I had to sit down! once again, well done sir!

did we ever get any suggestions for the xmas sounds? might be fun for a short while

MY GOAL Right there

cool. but i wouldnt put that light in this piston. it slows down the processing with each additional light. smart lighting is useful here. or there is always: :wink:

https://community.webcore.co/t/rooms-manager-smartapps-and-rooms-occupancy-dth-now-with-support-for-rules/1813

thank you. but if i were you i would just take all the credit myself and tell a tale about how you put that little thing together because you knew she would love it. brownie points with the wife man those are priceless :wink:

for a short while is right. i turned off sound in mine :smiley:

oh don’t you worry she knows nothing of your existance :wink:

i was thinking of having the sound just for xmas day and on a motion detector randomly

:+1:

yeah xmas morning would be nice.

i might have a play when i get home.
quick question, if i use

date is between {addDays (date(“12/25/” + $year), 0)} and {addDays (date(“12/25/” + $year), 0)}

will that work for just the 25th or is ther a better way to do that i cannot seem to figure out how to do

date is 12/25/$year

that will work fine.

What’s this the :grin: a @bangali SA, may give it a go!

Can I throw a wrench into this. I have three RGBW can lights above my garage doors. All my Xmas lights run from sunset to 11:00 P.M. then at 11:00 P.M. the Xmas lights shut off and the canned lights change color fade to 5000K. At sunrise the canned lights shut off. How would I have them change at 11:00 during holiday and have them at 5000K non holiday?

I do this with two pistons. one that handles the normal activation of the lights (say normal_light) then when its a holiday i use a command in the holday lights piston to pause the normal_light piston. then when the holiday lights end daily at 2359 it resumes the normal_light piston and it follows the normal schedule until sunrise when they go off.

sorry i’m not at home to get a screenshot for you i can post it on friday when i get home if you still need it then

Makes sense. i will try that

I seem to be having the same issue. Rocking Osram Gardenspot. Initially the light go from green to red, then it just goes up and down in brightness. Not sure what is up.

i know folks only post on a thread when they experience issues and that is the purpose of the forum so thats cool. but i am a little concerned because this is the second report of colors not rotating just levels going up and down. so wanted to ask are there users using this where the colors rotate and the levels fade ok?

thank you.

No worries. Appreciate you creating such a great piston which is why I am choked that I ended up creating a ghetto piston using setcolor and waits. lol