How can a Piston control devices on two locations within the same webCoRE account?

I have two ST hubs (locations) on my webCoRE account.
All my devices on both hubs show up together in my ST IDE account.
How can I design a Piston that can control devices on both locations?
I know SharpTools can do it but I’d rather use webCoRE.

Just to be clear, are we talking about two ST locations, each with one hub each?

As far as I know, the way webCoRE works means that each instance can only work with one location which would preclude direct access to devices on other locations. The best that you could do is activate pistons in the other instances using web requests.

Something like ActionTiles can access multiple locations because it is running outside the ST cloud and knitting things together for itself. However webCoRE pistons run as legacy SmartApps inside the ST cloud so they are limited to working with a single location. I don’t know how SharpTools is put together.

I may be wrong about this, which would be annoying for me, but good for you.

As far as I know, @orangebucket is correct.

In the SmartHome world, a device can usually only have one true “master”.
If you want one hub/location to control another, then making web requests is likely the best method. (although still quite clunky, since there is no automatic feedback)

Quick example here.

Note: Programming has to be done on both hubs for each and every command sent/received.

Here’s a piston I wrote a while back, allows you to use a single piston on each instance, to control all devices on that instance via web requests.

Device name, command (on / off / dim) & dim level are stated in the URL’s as arguments, and the piston responds as accordingly.