If temperature doesn't change in "x" amount of time,do "y"

Nothing personal taken, honestly.

When it looked like we had this cracked, I changed my 1 minute periodic check to 15 mins.

So although the temp is DEFINITELY changing, during the odd occasion, the WAIT isn’t being ‘restarted’ (I. E being kept on a virtually permanent ‘hold on, start again!’ cycle). Its instead being allowed to progress counting for 15 mins, and when that 15 mins is up, its flicking the FAULT switch on. And seconds later (when the temp registers the next frequent change), the FAULT switch is promptly disabled

So for now, timer is still at 15.mins and TCP is default. Although I’m now wondering if the TCP should actually be put back…

edit… for some reason, i’ve just spotted that the temp didn’t change for approx 15 mins (0228 til 0243), so that’s a legit catch. Looking again…

Sorry, missed the question. Surely the 14secs is 14 mins? Etc

Could I see this piston? Or have you already changed it since then?

Oh 14 minutes… You threw me when you said

Notice there were NO events during that period where the fault light was on.

I may be AFK for a few hours.

I’ve potentially been a bit daft.

Because the temp SHOULD be changing every minute few mins at a minimum, I missed the odd gap where it’s not altering for up to around 15 mins.

My bad ! Assuming this is why smartthings can’t be used for anything mission critical, because (assuming again) the nature of the beast results in the occasional unpredictable lull.

So I’ll alter the timing check countdown to 30 mins, which should be WAY over the top and catch the odd straggler. And I’ll lave the TCP as default (although I’m not totally clear on it to be honest, it was a bit of a scratch in the dark). Let’s see how this goes, before it starts affecting your life too !

= p

One last observation before I run…

One thing you did differently than my suggestion, is you rolled it up in one pisotn.

If it were me, I would have the temp trigger in one piston, and another mini-piston that is triggering off of the SimSwitch. (the second one is on the timer)

My logic is, I don’t want spam from the temp sensor to affect my precise timers…

Yeah, it’s for ease of duplication across the rooms. As many definable variables as poss, it’s becoming a bit of an obsession (simplification). And I only did it when the testing of your seperate ones looked to have been sound, Catch you later man , thanks again !

If I may wax philosophical for a moment…

Ease of duplication does not equal ease of execution.
(a shortcut for a human may add tons of processing power for all future executions)

Personally, I would rather do the work myself once, so my house can be streamlined forever.
(at least, that is always my goal, LOL)

All sorted. 15 hours, all good.

Thank you so much WCmore!