Intelligent Echo Device Location change piston

Been thinking about this recently as I installed Echo Speaks and can’t help but think that there must be a way to achieve this. Thinking that every Echo has an IP address and makes outgoing requests. Hacky but must be able to set up a local service on your network that sniffs for outgoing requests from a given IP address (reserve Echo device IP addresses in router) and sends a request to WebCore to either flip a switch or update a global variable to indicate the last one to sent a request. Might need to narrow down the various requests that an Echo makes.
Otherwise maybe an Alexa API that can be used to access attributes of various echo devices that you have against your account. Must be a date or log or something that indicates that it was used.

I tried Glen_King’s piston, but it didn’t work. Now that I’m more familiar with Webcore programming, I was able to get it to work.

[EDIT] Sadly, as I’ve been playing with this piston, it apparently takes several (at least 10) seconds for the wasLastSpokenToDevice data to update…way too long to reasonably wait for a response from the appropriate device. That’s a bummer. :frowning: