LIFX bulbs turning on in series and not parallel

I’m wondering if an ASYNC setting would have turned the lights on at approximately the same time.

ok. I don’t use that DTH for my lifx bulbs. I use Better_lifx_bulb plus. It’s by the same developer.

I think I tried that but it didn’t work. That was with the classic device handler / app I beleive.

Oh, I meant as a piston:

ASYNC Turn on Light 1, Light 2, Light 3, Light 4.

That said, that’s how I send messages to multiple echos, and sometimes they’re almost in sync, and sometimes they’re off by a half or a full second, so it’s not a guarantee. If your method is working, I’d stick with that.

@Mebejedi - AH! I see. I thought I had tried that but now that you mention it maybe I just made the piston ASYNC and not the command. I didn’t know you could do that. Yea, I’ve already put a ton of hours into it and it’s working for me now. I DO appreciate all the help and the additional nuggets of golden information you are sharing. I do have VLC_Things and Bose speakers that I send alerts to. I’ll try using ASYNC on that. Cheers and happy holidays!

Yeah, if you do it to the whole piston, then all the commands in the piston run ASYNC…that could cause problems, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work. I tried to just make the action part of the piston, where it listed the control of my lights to use async. Still turned on one after the other. Bummer

What does your piston look like?

I tried to turn the async on for the RGB bulbs.

The switches are for smart switches that control dumb lights (vanity, closet, etc) in the bathroom.

-W

Just for fun, try putting the lights into device groups, such as this:

If that doesn’t work, you could try ASYNC on the WITH lines

That is just my ignorance on writing code. LOL

Thanks for helping @Mebejedi!!! I’ll give that a shot when I get back from vacation in a few days!

Well, I can’t guarantee it’ll work, but it’s worth a try.

Enjoy your vacation!

I think I solved this after months of almost giving up.

I was able to LIFX Group of Groups running. With that, I am able to designate a bunch of bulbs as a virtual group.

Then I used the Smartthings app to create an automation to turn the virtual light group on via motion. Then a separate automation for that same group to turn it off if no motion is detected in x minutes.

The lights respond very fast, all gang load at once vs in sequence and with LGoG then fade in and out via a setting in the ST API. Everything that I wanted. :slight_smile: I am very HAPPY! So is the wifey!