Logging Temperature Data to a file

temperature

1) Give a description of the problem
I want to be able to log the temperature of my hot water tank at set intervals (say every 15 minutes) to a file that I can then import into a spreadsheet to be able to see how it varies during the day. I’ve seen various articles about doing things like this but none that I can understand.

2) What is the expected behavior?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage
(UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE)

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE BETWEEN THE MARKS)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

Have you thought about using the fuel streams?

Yes

You can do something like this then

This gathers all the temps in my house every 30 minutes.

No

Might have to do something with IFTTT for google spreadsheet but I’m not familiar with that.

Need to count button pushes and then act - help please

No I don’t know anything about them. How would they work?

Thankyou c1arkbar, just looked at fuel streams and it does exactly what I want.

Hopefully the drop down was answers were obvious.

c1arkbar

I’ve set up a few streams now and it does give me the very basics of what I’m trying to achieve, I do still need to be able to get this data into an excel spreadsheet though to manipulate it. Is there a way of exporting the streams?

At this point the streams only capability is receiving data. Currently can not manipulate the data in any way. In the future I would guess that this will be possible but currently it is not.

You might need to look into using IFTTT to post to a google doc spreadsheet. But I am not familiar with that.

I am using a Smart App to capture device events to a spreadsheet. You can find it here:

Due to a change in the way Google does things, a URL described in the installation instructions may not work and may need to be modified. The necessary change is noted in one of the most recent posts at the bottom of the thread.