Misting System Cycle Timer

Hi Steve,

I’m thinking that you may need TCP on.
When you turn the mister switch off, I think the currently running piston will cancel, and it will start again from the top. If the mister was on at this point it would stay on.

Try clicking test, then turn trace on. You can then watch the execution of the piston. Also turning full logging on will enable you to have a look through whats happened.

Hi Paul

I actually had to turn off TCP twice. Now it is working perfectly. Here is a screenshot of the working Piston:

Seems to work perfectly. Voice Activate virtual device Patio Mister. Misting Pump cycles every 30 seconds On and Off until Voice Turn Off virtual device Patio Mister.

I also think moving to 30 seconds helped. Smartthings Z-Wave lag is very bothersome. I’ll try shorter periods as I test it out as 30 seconds On is too long. Need around 15 seconds On and 30 seconds Off.

Now I’m moving on to add a trigger for the Cooling Fans to be sure they are On when the Patio Mister is On and then a safety kill switch for both if left on too long. WebCoRE is awesome!! Not as intuitive as I need but extremely powerful once you get the hang of it.

Thank you to you and Pantheon for all your support.

Steve

Glad you got it working. Yes, lag can be quite troubling. You should be able to get your wait times down some. But there are so many factors at play. Also, I don’t think that you need the second TCP (Never) in your piston at the WITH. The one at the IF should cover the entire piston. Your mileage may vary…

And a word of advice…write small, task specific pistons instead of large multi-task pistons. Small ones are much easier to debug and adjust as needed. And you are more likely to get prompt help from this forum if the pistons are small and easier to debug. Some of us here have over 100 pistons running.