Need for back-up (or secondary) pistons)

1) Give a description of the problem
(Some pistons not shutting off lights)

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(Lights to turn ON and OFF based on motion)

3) What is happening/not happening?
(Piston turn light(s) on upon motion. After period of ‘inactive’ from the motion, light to turn OFF.
This does not consistently happen.

So I make a separate (or back-up) piston that runs every 15 minutes to “catch” a light remaining on- to turn off)

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!)

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING
If a solution is found for your question then please mark the post as the solution.

can you pls share the green snapshot of the original piston>?

in this piston you are not turning ON or OFF anything??
There is no device in the piston…

Was this working at one point?

If the light doesn’t get turned off, can you check if the motion cleared event shows up in the Graph API?

Have a look at my thread over here, I’m curious if it is related: Missed motion events; outage?

I doubt it… It was created just a couple days ago…

It’s not showing with the green snap shot.
Here’s the red snap shot, I removed my personal data

I’m not familiar with the graph API. Point me in the right direction and I will send it.

ok great.
The piston is very simple and look good. Should’ve worked.

How often it works and how often doesn’t??
It could be a signal issue.
Can you pls turn the logs on to FULL

sometimes I run into problems like yours but my house is overloaded (5000sqf and over 300 devices) and mine is a signal issue.

ok, I’ll turn it to ‘FULL’. My home is about 4k sq. ft. only 51 devices.

Sure, no problem:

https://account.smartthings.com/login

Once logged in, you should be able to switch to the “Devices” tab and see a list of devices.

You might have to go to the “My location” tab first and select your Home first. Inside a device, or inside the home itself, you should see a list of events inside the “List events” option. Since the event travels a few places, this would help you confirm it’s not a problem between your device and your hub.

Motion sensor -> Smartthings hub -> The cloud??? -> Webcore -> smartthings hub -> your lightbulb