Read Keypad Status

I have a couple IRIS keypads that I can use to arm/disarm SHM. They work just fine.

What I would like to do is get the keypad info into WebCore. In other words read what the keypad is telling the system to do: arm, disarm, etc. I can see the keypad in WebCore, but there doesn’t appear to be any values to get what I want.

Any suggestions?

I’ve done something similar with the DSC integration. I had to edit the DH to add desired attributes in the metadata { } section.

It allowed me to use the virtual keypad attributes (such as READY, AWAY, STAY, TROUBLE, AC, etc.) in webcore instead of relying on SHM.

One practical use of this was to know when the system is ready (when all contacts are closed). Initially I had to check each contacts contact and each motion sensor motion. Now I can simply check DSC panel status.

As for Iris, I’m afraid I’m in the dark as I’ve never used them.

What you could do to figure something out is look into your device (panel) events in GRAPH/IDE and look at the columns “Name” and “Value”.

If you see what you need there, then try editing the DH by adding the following in the metadata section at the beggining of the file. It’s usually between capability and commands.

attribute "NAME_GOES_HERE", "string"

P.S.: This advice is most likely incomplete/insufficient as my knowledges are fairly limited in that matter.

Take alarm system status (as reported in ST's)

I use @Bamarayne’s keypad coordinator. It fires routines or specific on/off actions to dedicated codes. With that, you can trigger anything you want which web core can monitor

I looked at that keypad coordinator. I can probably make that work ok. What I’m a little puzzled about, it appears that the only way you can turn a switch on when a code is entered is if you use momentary. I can make that work, but would think there would be an option to just turn the switch on and leave it.

does the keypad coordinator work with the centralite 3400 keypad, including the various buttons that seem different from the iris version?

thanks.

Yes

forgive my ignorance, where can I find the keypad coordinator code?