Set level not working at night

1) Give a description of the problem
I’m trying to set a low light level at night but the lights keep coming on much brighter than they should. Right now I have it set to 1%, I’ve tried 5, 10 and 15% as well.

2) What is the expected behavior?
They should all turn on at 1% brightness

3) What is happening/not happening?
a few come on between 3 - 5%, the majority between 40 - 60% and one or two ~ 80%

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
None

Just for clarification, do they come on bright, and then quickly drop to the desired 1% brightness? (or do they remain at 80% even while you are in ‘night’ mode?)

Sometimes they will fluctuate for a bit but always ends at the higher brightness. The two that were at 80% were noticed for the first time last night so I can’t say definitively if that’s always happened but I can say they’ve always turned on between 40 - 60% since I created this piston.

I turned logging on so I will have a full nights worth I can post tomorrow if needed.

Some (most) bulbs remember their previous brightness, and when first turning on, will return to that previous level for a brief moment before the bulb goes to the new level.

To get around that with my Philips Hue bulbs, I often have the turn off command drop levels and THEN turn off. (to prepare the levels for the next cycle) My logic is, I would rather the bulbs come on too dim and then brighten, than to come on too bright before dimming…

If they are “fluctuating for a bit” when the new piston runs, then there is a likely chance that a DIFFERENT piston is trying to control the brightness as well…

Light not adjusting