Slow for the last 3-4 days?

Finally took another look at my tasker/sharptools/autolocation setup today. I suppose it helps if SharpTools is actually subscribed to presence. Not sure how that ever got changed, but … doh. :man_facepalming:

I don’t use SharpTools at all…
All I mentioned above works using Tasker & AutoLocation

I had assumed that might be the case based on the description you posted above. I wondered if that might be possible but since I already had SharpTools I never bothered to work my way through it. I just followed the original profile in the ST community some time ago and modified it to suit my needs. I think at some point I inadvertently deleted the Simulated Presence Sensor and when I added it back it forgot to resubscribe it in SharpTools.

Are you turning the SimSwitch on and off with a web request of some kind? Or … ?

Yes, Tasker sends a web request to a piston that only does one thing:
Turn on/off my SimSwitch.

I am using the SimSwitch as my mega-Presence sensor, so it turns on or off by a few methods. (mainly GPS and when my phone connects to my router) This way, when one method hangs or is giving issues, the other methods still flips the switch, and my house knows that I am home!

The only time it has failed or given a false reading the past 6 months is when my battery died… but that was 100% my fault.