Transition To Color

1) Give a description of the problem
Attempting to Use Transition To Color Method with Hue Bulb

2) What is the expected behavior?
Bulb transitions to a color over a period of time

3) What is happening/not happening?
Nothing - Error in Smartthings log

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_dth_ea96e5dde80a8153ac6acc272b8479e2c1d5b441418aec71d866829ef107acef.setAdjustedColor() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.lang.Long) values: [[hex:#F5F5F5, hue:0, saturation:0, level:96], 4000]

REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING

Here is a couple of good conversations relating to color changes with Philips Hue.
(both are quick reads)

A few issues you can expect with fades.

and possible solutions to your goals.

Thanks, I’d already gone through the first link and didn’t see anything of note. I’ll take a stab at the FAQ. I’ve messed around the with fade hue stuff with my outdoor Osram lights and noticed that Hue DH allowed for Transition to Color as a method.

Currently, I have scripts I wrote that call the Hue API to perform animations and such, I was wondering if I could migrate those to Webcore. The Fade Hue wouldn’t work for me, but the Transition to Color was something I wanted to test. I received the errors in my ST logs so I wasn’t sure if the function really worked or if there was a different DH I had to change my Hue lights too.

I have never gotten “Transition to Color” to work on Philips Hue bulbs.
The closest I have used is the “Fade to Hue” which can (theoretically) do the same.
(Examples are in the FAQ, although it looks a bit janky if the duration is too short)

Please share if you find a workaround for this, because I am sure others would be interested as well.