Want to combine pistons and use variable to set switch status for Action Tiles Panel

1) Give a description of the problem
I currently have two pistons that remind me to feed the dogs in the morning and evening if my pantry door has not been opened between specific times. I want to use a variable to set a virtual switch that will be used to display on Action Tiles if they dogs have been fed, but I want the variable to only be set if the pantry door is opened between specific times in the morning and evening. It’s not the primary pantry but it does get opened throughout the day so if I just set the variable when the door is opened it will not be accurate.

2) What is the expected behavior?
I would like to keep the functionality of the pistons I have, but I would like to use this to set a variable to I could have a visual representation on AT panel for if the dogs have been fed as well.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Looking for help how to either combine the the tow pistons into one and add the variable functionality or add the variable aspect to both pistons.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston

and

Thanks

You can combine those statements into one piston and add a virtual switch that you can add to ActionTiles. Are you familiar with creating virtual devices?

I agree with @eibyer. No need for a variable in this case, since a Simulated Switch can act like a variable, and is easy to bring into ActionTiles.

I think this one piston covers both time slots.

The reason line 21 & 23 go a bit past your time slots is so when the dogs have not been fed, and the reminder goes thru, the extra window allows for the SimSwitch to automatically reset itself when the pantry opens shortly thereafter.

That is awesome, thank you so much!

Sure thing! Glad to be able to help.

If you (or anyone) needs to create a Simulated Switch:
(this imaginary device works well in both webCoRE and ActionTiles)

I use a web browser to:

Then use this as a guide:

Side Note:
Sometimes I have to use a “Private Browsing Window” to be able to log into the IDE.

Once the device is added, ST will see it within a few seconds, but you will have to tell webCoRE and ActionTiles about the new device to be able to use it.

Brand new to webcore and I have a newb question

Yup, that’s how I do all my switches. I can’r get any of the smart apps that create them to work for me so I have to remember that I use the IDE every time I find the need for a new one. Thanks again!