WebCore presence notifications for leaving a place

1) Give a description of the problem
Setup a piston to notify when I leave work but not triggering

2) What is the expected behavior?
Notify when my location changes away from work

3) What is happening/not happening?
No notification being triggered

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston! !

**5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE

Leaving place doesn’t always work in my tests. But current place does. To resolve use current place changes away from work

Thanks I’ll give that a go and see what happens tomorrow. Appreciate the help!

I’ve updated the piston to the following:

Is this what you meant? I still didn’t get the push notification despite have a left work registered in the device recent activity. Any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Yes this is what i what referring too. Find the logs for the time you left and post those yo here. Also make sure trace is enabled

Thanks again for the response. I tweaked the piston based on what I saw in the devices events but it still didn’t work yesterday afternoon when leaving work:

This is the events log from yesterday (I’ve censored IDs as not too sure how sensitive they are):

I didn’t have live logging running so do not have that level of logs but let me know if that is required to get the right level of information.

You can turn on full logging below be piston editor window. Then you’ll be able to go back and get them later.

Thanks man, sorry I misunderstood where the logs were required. I’ve turned on trace and put logging to Full. Let’s see how we get on this afternoon. :grin:

Sorry got the delay… Here are the logs for the same time that the Left Work was marked in the Recent Activity tab:

13/11/2017, 16:48:19 +742ms
+2ms ╔Received event [Gareth WebCORE Presence].currentPlace = with a delay of 97ms
+400ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 21ms > PS > 100ms > PE > 279ms > CE
+409ms ║Runtime (38416 bytes) successfully initialized in 100ms (v0.2.0fe.20171109) (406ms)
+411ms ║╔Execution stage started
+439ms ║║Comparison (time) 60500165 is_between (time) 56700000 … (time) 66600000 = true (13ms)
+441ms ║║Time restriction check passed
+444ms ║║Cancelling condition #4’s schedules…
+445ms ║║Condition #4 evaluated true (23ms)
+454ms ║║Comparison (string) changes_to (dynamic) null = false (0ms)
+456ms ║║Condition #5 evaluated false (9ms)
+457ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (state did not change) (35ms)
+460ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (50ms)
+468ms ╚Event processed successfully (468ms)

Any ideas how to update the piston? This is what I have done so far…

Conditions are failing here. Current place changes to blank.

What are the logs when you have it as current place changes away from work

Try, “leavingPlace is name-of-your-place” instead of “currentPlace changes” …

From my test pistons, when I enter the inner circle I always get a “currentPlace” event … leaving the inner circle gets me a “leavingPlace” event; entering the outer circle gives me an “arrivingAtPlace” event. I haven’t tried “changes to”, so I don’t know if that works for me :neutral_face:

I was confused why I wasn’t able to find anything for leavingPlace nor currentPlace and it turns outs that you need to install the WebCoRE iOS application. This will have you add a new presence sensor (your phone, WebCoRE edition) and that will have these options.