Weird Presence Issue

1) Give a description of the problem
My piston is only detecting when I arrive/leave home. It is not recognizing arriving/leaving Ballet.

2) What is the expected behavior?
To send an SMS presence when I arrive/leave “Ballet”.

3) What is happening/not happening?
I am getting a weird problem that it recognizes location changes only if I leave/arrive from home. However, other locations aren’t working.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!

5) Attach any logs (From ST IDE and by turning logging level to Full)

Here’s the log that didn’t fire when I left Ballet:
12/1/2018, 11:21:40 AM +296ms
+1ms ╔Received event [198 Lorraine].test = 1543681300295 with a delay of 0ms
+68ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 15ms > PS > 37ms > PE > 16ms > CE
+71ms ║Runtime (40042 bytes) successfully initialized in 37ms (v0.3.108.20180906) (68ms)
+72ms ║╔Execution stage started
+89ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated false (8ms)
+91ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (state did not change) (11ms)
+103ms ║║Condition #6 evaluated false (8ms)
+105ms ║║Condition group #5 evaluated false (state did not change) (10ms)
+118ms ║║Condition #10 evaluated false (8ms)
+120ms ║║Condition group #9 evaluated false (state did not change) (10ms)
+123ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (51ms)
+125ms ╚Event processed successfully (124ms)

Been reading a lot here and trouble shooting. Have been able to get a few pistons workng, but am stumped by this one. In short, I can trigger alerts when arriving and leaving home. However, other alerts like arriving/leaving Ballet aren’t working. Any help appreciated.

Feel like I am missing something with locations. I setup a perimeter for Ballet in settings.

Arriving radius: 76m
Leaving radius: 300m

What am i doing wrong?

I’m kinda having the same issue, but I’m using Life360. Presence works, but “Places” (Address1) is hit or miss.

I was able to trick ST/Webcore into thinking I’d left/arrived by changing the name of the place in Life360 and switching it back. This worked for awhile, but now it’s not working at all. Very frustrating.

In the original thread about the presence app, there’s some text that discusses that you need to send @ady624 an email to test this via TestFlight. I did that and haven’t heard back. It’s unclear what that does.

I also found another post that says that this presence sensor may only work with home, but that seems to contradict what others have written.

Pretty lost at this point.

What are you using as a presence sensor?

The webcore presence sensor via the app.

I use other methods for presence sensing, but I have noticed that with certain phones or locations, the range works better if it is increased.

Maybe try:
Arriving radius: 200m
Leaving radius: 600m

(although, with one of my clients, we had to go as large as 1200m)

Let me try changing each radius. Thanks for that.

What other presence sensing methods do you use?

First, my disclaimer. These methods are unconventional, and not often used by the masses.

That being said, for our home presence, webCoRE sends a GET request to my router every X minutes. Our presence is toggled depending on which devices are connected to my home network. This one uses no batteries on anyone’s phone whatsoever, but it only keeps track of who is home, and who is not.

When we are away from the house, we use Tasker for Android, which has advance capabilities to check our location using many methods. (NFC Stickers, Bluetooth, nearby WiFi, cell towers, GPS etc) Tasker then sends a command to webCoRE to toggle our location accordingly. This one uses about 1-2% battery per phone per day.

Both methods took a bit of time to setup, but they are quite reliable, especially when used in tandem.

Unlock Door with Presence Sensor

Interesting. I’m going to look into this. Found a really in depth article on ST community that discusses this.

The main thing that I’m trying to solve right now is detecting presence away from home. For example, I setup the webcore presence sensors via the app and setup locations. Either I’m doing something wrong or these aren’t working as intended.

Just for reference:

My at home router method is briefly described here in 2 posts.

My Tasker method is briefly described here in 4 posts. (using a plugin for Tasker)