Who came home - notification by color

arrival
notification
color
light
presence

heres a piston that notifies who came home by using color. if more than one person arrives within seconds of each other it will rotate through the colors assigned to each of those presence sensors. it works nicely for my wife when she is in the kitchen and does not otherwise hear us coming back.

Help restoring previous state on LEDs
Implementing a Queue
Restoring Attributes to Lights on Motion

First piston i imported and going to try later.
now to improve my presence sensors
thanks

been trying this and im getting errors. can you advise on the
Line 78 @lockatinstanceofwch

can you explain this a little more, you mention set to global ?

please create as a global boolean variable and set to false then the piston should run without any errors. since this is your first imported piston, to create global variable when in piston edit mode see right hand bar for Global variables and click add a new global variable link below it.

thank you
it does actually notify me but when i save which i presume is a compiler it comes up with

11/9/2017, 7:26:57 AM +123ms
+307ms ║An error occurred while executing the event: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘v’ on null object

sure. were you able to create the global variable and did it fix the issue?

created the global variable. and it notifies me on sms just now as i was at work.
not sure on rob yet
can you explain the error above ?

that happens when a variable does not have the expected value. like a device variable does not have a device specified.

the example piston did not have sms. did you add that? may be posted a green snapshot of the modified piston?

cheers for this, i added sms as i wasn’t at home, bored at work learning, so i couldn’t see the lights. but i could receive the SMS.

i just restored your piston and tested it. everything works fine. please turn on trace, full logging and post a green snapshot with trace on and the full logs.

trace trend on logs turned on

thanks and sorry. please post the logs with the condition that generates the error is true so the logs show whats happening when that error is true.

I’ve tried different rgb controllers but still no light notification
could it be the colours ?
I’ve tried a basic green surely that should work ?

i only get that error when i save
no errors when i run or test