Using presence and geofence

Hi,
Need some advice of how to accomplish the following scenarios:

I’ve drawn a geofence on my kid’s school and around my house from the WebCore setting places. Now I want to be able to track my kids when they leave the home and arrive at school and vice versa but only on weekdays. Can this be accomplished via WebCore? TIA.

Geofencing arrival triggers

Are you using the webCoRE presence app on the kids’ phones? If you are, then the answer to your question is yes. If you have the presence app installed, I can throw together a quick sample of what your piston would look like.

Yes I do have their phone as presence detection as I get notifications from ST automation as they as arrive/leave home.

Sorry for the slow response - just to be clear before we move ahead, you’ve loaded the webCoRE presense sensor on each of the kids’ phones? There are several presence sensors and they’re easy to get confused:

ST has a built in presence based for any phone with the ST app installed.
There is a Life360 app integration

The two above can ONLY detect your presence at your home location. In webCoRE, you can only select presence = true or false for them.

The webCoRE presence sensor allows multiple places and has loads of parameters that can be monitored (direction, speed, location, leavingPlace, arrivingPlace, etc.) It available for iPhone and Android, respectively, below. Did you install these? If you did, I’ll help you write up a piston to put them to use. If not, you have to start here to monitor anything beyond presence/arriving at home:

I’ve just installed the app and create a presence for each phone. I also reading about it. Thanks.
Update, I can see my kids device in the piston now but somehow one of them appears twice. I don’t know how to delete it out. Any suggestion?

Glad to help!

Can you post a green snapshot of your piston? Just click the green camera, right click the image that appears and click copy, then in the body of your response press CTRL+V and it’ll automatically upload the image.

Once I see that, I can help you get it to do what you want (and get rid of the double-presence of one phone).

Yes, if you could delete one of the Joshie would be great. The webcore sensor are Joshie, Justin, SangPhone, YenniePhone, the others are from ST.

Ah, I thought you meant showing up twice in your webCoRE piston. I can’t modify your device list for you, but simply clicking on one of them in your SmartThings app and deleting it should get rid of only one of them.

That’s the funny thing, I never did add them to my devices list, they just showed up after I’ve added from the mobile phone now I don’t know how to remove it.

If you click on one of the duplicates (either in the SmartThings App or using the web to browse SmartThings devices), the details page should have a big red delete button at the bottom of it:

Thank-you. I was scratching my head all night trying to figure out how to remove the duplicate as it was so annoying seeing the duplicate.

So I wrote the piston but doesn’t seems to trigger, any idea what I’ve done wrong? Tks.

Deleted

I’ll post something up in a few minutes, getting my daughter put to bed!

I see what you’re trying to do and we’ll get it working.

Try importing this and let me know if it works? You’ll need to set your presence sensor back to Justin.

Edit: Updated piston at 10:14pm Easter time… missed some changes in the original one; disregard and delete that one if you already imported it!

It worked perfectly, Thank-you.

Hello…I finally stumbled across webcore in my attempts to find a solution to my location issue. Currently, I have my geofencing setup to cover 3 streets out. I’ve tried using my phone as a presence sensor, but smartthings just takes way too long to recognize my presence. I have an automation through smartthings to open my liftmaster (via brbeard code for MyQ) garage door, unlock my basement garage door, turn on my dining room light and turn on my tv. The automation works perfectly once my location registers, but that takes forever. I read in some of the forums that webcore may help. I’ve installed webcore and added the webcore presence sensor for my phone. I’ve registered my home and work locations in webcore settings. But I can’t seem to figure out how to set it up. The closest I got was by following michicago’s previous post. Can anyone please help?