"A new ST App is here" notice - What changes needed for webCore?

Hi all - I’m currently running webCORE v0.3.104. In my SmartThings iPhone app I now get a message “A new SmartThings App is here. We are updating our login systems. You must take action to keep your account active.” It then says that moving forward I need to use my Samsung account credentials to access ST and that the previous ST account info will no longer work.

Before I make that change, however, I would like to understand what impact this will have on webCore and all my pistons. It’s been a year+ since I set up webCore so I really don’t remember the specific process. But I do remember (I think!) that I had to give webCore my ST credentials. And that I had to manually select all devices that I wanted webCore to have “visibility”/access so, such as each light and switch etc.

Can I just make this change that Samsung is prompted me to do and everything will still work (seems unlikely)? If not, what is the process to get webCore hooked back into ST and all devices visible and presumably pistons working again? I will also update webCore to the latest, but assuming maybe I should do that last?

Thanks!!

Migrating to the Samsung account has no effect on webcore. It is highly recommended that you continue using the SmartThings Classic app after the migration. You can update your webcore now.

Once you migrate your account and login to the Classic app, everything should be as it was with your old ST login. Some users are reporting two home locations after the account migration but that can be easily resolved. Just search “@jkp locations” in the ST forum and you will find the many posts where I talk about removing the empty home location.