Adding a wait instead of fixed time plus bonus question

1) Give a description of the problem
My wake up piston is designed to start at a fixed time, then turn on one lamp, then at another fixed time turn on another lamp, to give the effect of a smooth sunrise. I do not like the fixed times and want to add a Wait instead, so that when the first lamp turns on, before turning on the other lamp, wait X time. I have tried adding the wait before, but it did not work.
On top of that I have two restrictions (switches), that, when either is on, should stop the piston from running, but it doesn´t work.

2) What is the expected behavior?
When switch 4 or 6 is on, do not run the piston.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Piston runs even though either of the switches are on.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

For all practical purposes, once a fade begins, it will continue to fade until the time has elapsed.
(IE: if you manually adjust the level during a fade, a few moments later it will resume the fade process)

Personally, I never start a fade unless my intention is to let it run to completion.
(either that, or I make much shorter fade durations)

@WCmore The fade is meant to run until the end. The switches are for the purpose of not running the piston on holidays and days off at all

OK, cool…

Instead of a wait, why not use a structure something like this:

Of course, you could also put those 3 delays into their own variables, like this:

Nice I will try this tomorrow.

What about the restrictions? Any idea why they are not working?

I tend to use conditional IF’s instead of restrictions, but your mileage may vary.

Excellent. I have made it like this no. I am out of house to noght, so I am sure wife will report back very fast tomorrow if I messed it up :slight_smile:

Just a heads up… Your Switch 4 & 6 is only going to be checked for the first block of code. The other 3 blocks will run 5 days a week… I am not sure if that was what you intended.

Oh yeah, thanks. But that was actually the reason why I wanted the restrictions at the beginning.

What is the reason for not using those BTW?

Personal preference. Your mileage may vary

Ok, so the first piston with restrictions should work, but mileage may vary as restrictions doesn´t always work?

I have made the into IFs instead.

Thank you for your help.