Adding wait after text is spoken Laundry Monitor

1) Give a description of the problem
I am trying to add a wait state after speech, so it doesn’t speak again for 1 minute

2) What is the expected behavior?
Couldn’t figure out how

3) What is happening/not happening?
Speaks again after power removed.

4) Post a Green Snapshot of the pistonimage

Will this do what I want?
Delay after the text is spoken.
Wait 1 minute
Resume piston so text can be spoken as needed.

Set TCP for “with” to never and see if it works. I would also take out pause and resume statements.

Please expalin what TCP is? And where are you refering to?

Task Cancellation Policy. There are a large number of threads in this community that explain it.

OK is this correct?

That is what was being suggested above, yes. Whether it solves your use case I’m not sure as I don’t fully understand what you’re trying to do.

OK I will try to explain my problem. After the Laundry is dry I receive the message it is dry. But as soon as my wife or I open the door to the dryer the wattage used is increased. So the Piston thinks the dryer is running, so when my wife shuts the dryer door, the piston gives me a message again that the laundry is complete. I removed the Pause commands and left wait.

The above didn’t work. Here is the problem again, maybe more clear. After the Laundry is dry I receive the message it is dry. But as soon as my wife or I open the door to the dryer the wattage used is increased. So the Piston thinks the dryer is running, so when my wife shuts the dryer door, the piston gives me a message again that the laundry is complete.

I’m sure the wattage goes up because the light on the inside of the dryer turns on. So can’t you just eliminate the problem by raising the lower limit to something that is higher than what the dryer uses while the light is on?

It would seem plausible that in order for the “exits range” trigger to become true you have to first enter that range…and if you set the lower limit to be higher then you might not enter the range when you take out the clothes at the end.

It’s worth a shot.

Otherwise there are other pistons on here that monitor the washer and dryer which don’t use the same “exits range” trigger and you might find those work more reliably.

Yes, but if I raise the lower wattage, the Piston never gets the off notification. Is there a piston that you know of that is good?

I use this method myself:

Great, thank you. I will start over now.

The outlet you use is 110v? I have 220V, so I’m not sure there’s an energy meter for that?

Yes, I have a gas dryer, so it’s only 110v. In theory for 220 you could use something like this:

if you attach one clamp around each line that goes into the double-pole breaker it should work for you.

That device is designed to be a full house monitor, but of course you could use it on a single circuit as well. Obviously get an electrician if you don’t feel comfortable in your breaker box.

I’m not aware of anything else for a 220 dryer, but maybe on the actual ST forum there are some other solutions.

I installed a contact on our dryer door, if the dryer_on variable is true and the contact opens, all tasks canceled. I’m waiting for the contact to get knocked off the door lol.

I had that on the last dryer it lasted two days. It gets knocked off, almost ever time we do laundry. Also the heat of the dryer seems to make the contact adhesive have less strength.

Use outdoor 3m double sided tape :slight_smile: