Aeotec Multisensor 6 works a treat

Just thought I would write a quick review on the Aeotec Multisensor 6.

I was trying to use the smart weather illuminance to determine when it got dark and therefore use in the pistons that control my lights. I was having real difficulty as the reported LUX was not particularly accurate and the update frequency was rather sporadic at best.

I read on here somewhere that someone was using the Aeotec Multisensor 6 and that they had good results from it, so I jumped on Amazon and ordered one which got delivered today.

I have to say I am very impressed with it, especially when hooked up to the advance DTH provided by Eric Maycock (erocm123)

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-aeon-multisensor-6-advanced/52258

Using the ST built in device type did not work for me, so I hunted down the one above and installed it as per usual and instantly was greeted with a wealth of options that at first seemed rather daunting but after an hour of playing with it I was very happy with the results.

I now have the lights coming on and going off when the LUX outside my house hits a certain level. Wife is now happy that the lights are doing what I promised they would :smile: and you know what they say… Happy wife… Happy Life :wink:

You have it mounted outdoors to measure lux outside?

I did consider that and in summer I might but right now I have it mounted looking out a window. It’s not 100% accurate but it’s perfect for what I need.