Alarm Clock Piston - Request

No, you should be able to turn the device (alarm) on/off with the On/Off button. (Which will in turn stop the piston from executing.)

Okay, then I have done something wrong!
I have created a new device, an as “type” I chose the new Device Handler which I got from your other post.
I see in the picture you posted previously in this thread, you have chosen the On/Off Button Tile as the Type… Isn’t this where it is supposed to be the Z-wave metering switch with time?

Stian, I have to apologise, but I have sent you down the wrong path regarding the device handler. When I gave you the screenshot showing how the device should be set up, I forgot that I had made some changes to the DTH. I did not publish the amended version on the community, because I’m unsure about the copyright principles involved. I have sent you a private message with my version of the amended DTH. I stress that it is not my work, but is an adaptation of @Arnqvist DTH.
Again, I’m sorry for misleading you.

Would you be so kind as to share this with me too. This is exactly what I am looking for

Thanks

@949BFN have that all set up, looks great and I can pull info into a piston. However is there a way a piston can push the alarm time to the smart app?

I suppose you are referring to the DTH (and not the smart app)?
I’m not sure I understand your problem. The alarm time is set via the Alarm Device in the Smarthings App. The piston uses that time to calculate the time it should execute. Your alarm is therefore set via the Alarm Device, not the other way around. (The Alarm device is also used to turn of the pistion (i.e. alarm.))

Yes, I can do all that,

But I am just getting my feet wet with this device handler stuff.

What I am trying to do is add a custom parameter to the device handler, so that I can set that parameter from a piston, the alarm time, and have it change the alarm time in the device handler. I would rather the piston set the alarm time rather than the smart app method.(but if I could have option to do both ways, even better)

My ultimate goal, if I can get this to work, is to set my alarms in google calendar, then use gcal search to set the alarm time from a piston that is getting info from gcal search

I’m sorry, but I don’t know if that is possible.

@949BFN Would you be able to send me your custom device handler?

With best wishes

Chris

Hi there @Gopack2 - did you get anywhere with your problem? I’m also now trying to set the time attribute of my virtual alarm device from a piston.

I can use @949BFN 's modified DH to set the time of my alarm from the virtual device in ST, but I’ve now also got option of setting my alarm time from a webhook.

What would be ideal is if when i did this (set the alarm time from the webhook) the new alarm time was also reflected in the virtual alarm device in ST.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Chris

Robin wilbourne helped me with it, and wrote a whole new better , in my opinion, one.