All pistons stopped working

So at some point this week. All my pistons stopped working. It is like they can’t see what is going on int ST. Even the dashboard shows all switches turned off even when they are on. Any help is appreciated.

tagging @ipaterson

I am stumped. here are more details from the ST post on this. This calls for a webcore minion.

I’m traveling so no idea what’s going on if the pistons working or not but I’ll ask the house sitter and get back to this post…

It is possible to ‘disable all pistons’ in the webCoRE SmartApp, which stops a lot happening without any obvious indication. Whether it will take out the dashboard I don’t know.

JKP already had me check that in both the old and the new app.

1. Do you still see all of your pistons under webCoRE at account.smartthings.com > My Locations > smartapps?
  2. Do they all show a gray || pause icon to indicate they’re running?
  3. You mentioned that you see nothing for webCoRE in Live Logging, does anything show up when you load dashboard.webcore.co or when the state of a device changes in a way that would have triggered one of your pistons?
  4. Are you still able to create a backup file of all your pistons from the dashboard, just in case?

Webcore had a blue triangle (play icon) next too it. All Pistons had blue pause icon next to it. So I hit Play on webcore, and all my pistons changed from having the pause icon to play icon.

So i try turning on the pistons individually, it takes a but seems to work, I will report back

Thanks

Oh! Interesting… on my account webCoRE can’t be paused through this screen but I did see that pausing other smart apps caused that play button to show up.

Interesting! Does anyone know what could have caused the smart app to get into this state? My smartapps page has always shown the grayed out pause icon so I’m curious whether anyone else is able to pause and resume webCoRE from this screen… The “Disable all pistons” option in webCoRE doesn’t seem to affect this.

Maybe this is new in 2.18? I just downgraded my classic from 2.18 due to the presence issue and I don’t see the play icon. I have to add that I’m on v0.3.108, just in case.

The play icon is on the web at account.smartthings.com > My Locations > smartapps. Sounds like @LadySapphy saw the blue play icon on webCoRE but mine just shows a non-clickable pause icon.

I’m on 2.18 of the ST Classic mobile app as well, haven’t installed the new app yet.

I mainly use the classic app, but have played with the new app.

so WebCore is running and like 3 pistons will turn on.

So I am unable to get any other piston to turn back on, but if I make a new one the new one works.

Thanks for the updates! This is odd. I’m trying to get a direct email address for a SmartThings support rep to take a look at your account since I’m not sure what else we can do from here.

Ok, thanks. I will stop recreating my pistons, with the exception of the critical ones.

They must have done something lol

I get a grey pause icon for webCoRE but blue pause icons for all the pistons.

I also note that in the ‘new’ app my SmartApps page lists webCoRE without a slider to disable it (my other SmartApps bar SHM do have one). If @LadySapphy does have one, as I suspect she may well do, that could cause problems as you just have to touch it to change it.

I do have a toggle on the WebCore on the new app. I do not recall ever hitting it, but I will not swear I never did unintentionally hit it

You should have a private message with more detail (and someone to thank) over on community.smartthings.com :smiley: