Amazon Echo Auto - Has anyone tested it yet?

There’s a new product on Amazon, currently on sale for $30 for Black Friday.

pic

(Reg $50, now $30)

<quote>
It plays through your car’s speakers via your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection. Voice control to stream from Audible, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, and radio stations with TuneIn and iHeartRadio. Use your voice to play music, check the news, make calls, add to your to do-list, manage your calendar, and more.
</quote>

I have not tested this device yet, but it looks interesting. (Not sure when the sale ends)

I was considering it before but after I switched to GoogleFi I’ve been really saving on my cell bill since I’m always on WiFi. Now I’m always watching my data usage when driving around.

I have one and I’ve been testing it for a few weeks now. I really enjoy it. One problem that I have noticed and other people online have commented about is if you’re playing music through the Echo (connected to the AUX on my radio) by Bluetooth from your phone (I use Foobar2000 with playlists) and you leave your vehicle, the music controls stay on my locked screen. And the notification pull down keeps it as well. Even if you close/clear it, it just keeps reappearing as a notification. I have tried many things to clear it but it just seems to notify again. I THINK that getting out of the range of all of my Echos allows me to clear it. I’m still testing that theory.

Somewhat of a hack, but if your phone is Android, you can tell Tasker:
IF not connected to the car’s Bluetooth, then cancel Foobar’s notifications…

(Tasker is great at overcoming other apps limitations & undesired behavior)

There is a possibility you may also need the $2 plugin AutoNotification as well, but I’m not 100% sure on this one.