Aqara Cube number of buttons

1) Give a description of the problem
I’m using a custom DTH for aqara cube that is reporting 36 buttons in Advanced mode. Smartthings is receiving 36 buttons but only 32 available buttons in webCoRE.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
36 available buttons in webCoRE if Advanced is selected, 43 if Combined is selected

3) What is happening/not happening?
Only 32 buttons in webCoRE

Hi!

I tried re-loading the cube in Webcore, do some modification in DTH, change and revert back DTH but nothing seem to work. I use advanced in setting and therefore I should get 36 buttuns, but I get only 32. I use physical device in webCoRE

Any more ideas?

Here is the DTH I’m using:

As far as I know, webCoRE predates the numberOfButtons attribute. I think it might be able to use a similar fudge to buttonNumber to get the number of buttons but I’ve never seen that used myself (then again I haven’t looked in all that many places). Without that it defaults to 32 buttons.

If you look at the DTH, in the end of the code it should be sending number of buttons:

Skjermbilde

And I can confirm that Smartthings does indeed receive the number of buttons:

But in webCoRE it is still 32 buttons only :frowning:

I couldn’t find much info on the same/similar issues, only one case from 4 years ago here on the community which was resolved, but I can’t seem to get it right :frowning:

WebCoRE was written long before the numberOfButtons attribute was added to the button capability so it doesn’t know anything about it. It clearly can handle a numberOfButtons / numButtons setting but I suspect it is probably carried in the event data along with buttonNumber. I am not sure though.

Now I don’t follow so much anymore? :slight_smile:
Anything I can try to change in DTH in order to try to make this work?

In any case, I can use ABC (advanced button controller) Smart App directly in ST, although really good, doesn’t have the fully flexibility of webCoRE