Button Controller for Lights - Button won't stay connected

1) Give a description of the problem
Using a SmartThings button to control lights using the piston shown below. It works fine for awhile, but then stops working. The button still shows as connected to the hub, but doesn’t respond in the app to different presses. This is 1 of 5 buttons we are using in the house, and the only one experiencing issues. It’s closer to the hub than other buttons that work fine.

2) What is the expected behavior?
The button should work all the time.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Button works as it should, then stops working. Removing the battery fixes the problem, but then it stops working again after a few uses. If there is nothing wrong with the piston, I’ll be exchanging this button for a new one.

**4)

Have you tried removing it from ST app and adding it from scratch?
if so, looks like hardware problem.

Yes… unfortunately, the problem still happens. I figured it’s a hardware problem, just wanted some extra eyes on the piston to make sure before I go return this thing.

I didn’t look at the piston since you said same setup is working with other buttons and battery removal fixes temporarily.

What happens if you don’t use refresh?

Same issue without refresh commands. I added those into the piston from some advice I saw on Reddit… hoping it would fix the issue but no luck.

All the buttons are the same and use the same device type? If so, definitely a hardware problem.