Button Pushed vs. Held

IFTTT is listed, but does nothing with these bulbs

I don’t have SmartLighting

Hmmm, I have not seen programming logic in ActionTiles, so IfTTT seems the most likely culprit.

I know you said that IfTTT does not control the lights, but you also said you have been editing this piston over and over. Is there a possibility that IfTTT still has the URL from an old version of this?

You could edit the piston a hundred times, but the URL to trigger it remains the same all along

You could test this theory by making a new (identical) piston, and pausing the current one

Here’s what I’ll do:

-Delete the piston
-Remove the lights from IFTTT
-Wait until tomorrow
-Recreate the piston with a new name
-See what happens

Sounds like a good test…

You could save a bit of time by simply deleting the piston, and then immediately making a new piston from backup code “6seh”

Oh wait, I just remembered that IfTTT can be programmed to watch for device changes… Your way of removing the lights from IfTTT (or at least digging thru your IfTTT’s applets) may be the right path.

I give up.

Yesterday, I deleted the piston, removed the lights and button from IFTTT, waited a whole day, recreated the piston with a new name.

Same exact results.

The only other thing I can think of is your Device Handler could be sending out conflicting commands

sometimes it can be frustrating…
when ever you are ready :))))) I have couple more ideas… since @WCmore is also here, we can ran them by him…

1 - Does your button have a Device Handler or ST App can see it directly?
2 - MAYBE we can use another a simulated switch (I am trying to get lights ON and OFF out of same piston)

if you turn them ON or OFF with alexa, that routine also turns a simulated switch ON and OFF
So now we have a switch that knows if the lights are turned on or off without this piston.

We can now come back to this piston,
IF button is PUSHED or HELD
----IF Simulated switch is ON
----Then
----Turn the lights OFF
----IF simulated switch is OFF
----Then turn the lights ON

(2 IFs as a condition in a sinfgle IF block)

I usually like nice and concise logs, but is there any chance you have only been posting partial logs? So far, I have not seen a single log from a “second” event. Did I miss it?

This turned out to be the button itself.

SmartThings Button

After testing, and testing, and testing, and testing, and testing, and piston, after piston, after piston, after piston…

I have 4 of these SmartThings Buttons…the other 3 work perfect with the lights they control.

I decided to swap out the Living Room Button with this offending button. After renaming, and fixing the names in the apps, everything is working the way it should.

With exception of the Living Room Button now…

I will reset that button and go from there.

Thank you guys so much for all of your help!!!

Excellent detective work!

Is it possible that that one button is somehow using a different Device Handler than the others?
(I have seen that a few times in the past)

You can idenitfy the Device Handler by logging into the IDE, and then clicking on “My Devices”
The DH is what is listed under the column called “Type”

They are all using the same Type “SmartSense Button”.

Then it’s probably a hardware issue, like you said…