Cannot create a piston

Hello,

I installed webcore successfully and I cannot create piston. When I press the button Create it does nothing.

Any ideea what I do wrong?

Open live logging in one tab, in another tab go through the piston creation dialogs and in that tab press F12 to bring up the developer console. Check for any errors in the dev console and live logging page.

Yes I have errors. Do you know how to fix this problem?
Note: I also tried to install on other SmartThings hub and I have the same problem.

Please help.

You only need to do OAuth for the top smatrtapp. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Yes all by the book :frowning: .
I have a main SmartThings hub that have the pistons up and running. And other 4 SmartThings units up and running. But I have this problem with with Creating pistons after webCoRe instalation on all this 4 units.

First I did like this then I activate OAuth for all, maybe, maybe…

You have gone into the SmartThings app on your phone and actually installed the smartapp, correct?

@ipaterson or @ady624

Post #3 shows console errors when creating a piston

Yes, all by the book

Did you see anything in Live Logging corresponding to those errors? The console shows 404 errors but I don’t think there are any cases where the smart app would return a 404 error.

I wonder if the token became invalid… I’ve seen that happen to someone else and we made a quick tweak to the webCoRE smart app (not published, just for that user) to allow it to be reset. I can follow up in a few hours but for now you might want to try the patch and instructions posted here.

Yes, those are the errors when I click to create a piston.

Please let me know whether the endpoint reset instructions that I linked earlier have any effect.

I succeed by going here and click disconnect from Github…and start over. Now I can create pistons.

Well that’s good news, sorry we couldn’t figure this out without going through the setup process again but at least you were starting fresh anyway. When you set it up again did you do OAuth for all of the smart apps or just for “webCoRE”?

No problem.

Just “webCoRE”.

I am new to ST and webCoRe, and was facing the same issue as OP. What solved for me was to go to:
My SmartApps - Update from Repo - webCoRe (master) - select webCoRe piston under [ New (only in GitHub)] and check ‘Publish’ and ‘Execute Update’. Hope this helps to anyone who has the same issue as me.

Thank you batmansays_hi that did the trick! I tried much of the fixes above and got nowhere. Your solution was short, fast an works!

Glad it worked :smiley: I am new to webCoRe and already amazed by its simplicity and potential! Good luck with your projects!