Changed SmartThings username

@Robin, @c1arkbar

Latest Status:

I can confirm that all Pistons are running (They just needed to be run once to initialize them correctly) and the issue is accessing the Dashboard only.

Went to a brand new PC that had never been used and opened the browser.

Used Setting and Security to set a new password for the dashboard in the WebCore App

Went through the Browser Registration process and obtained a new 4 digit key from the WeCore App

It did ask permission for location but went straight to the spinning note-lets but should have then asked to authenticate using the new password.

Are you using chrome?

Hit f12 and open the console. Then try again and post any errors that might pop up

Here is where it gets stuck:

https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/api/token/162c888b-8142-4083-8308-7a6d1d3ac6ae/smartapps/installations/ceee1c11-86c1-448d-a990-94bfba68a143/intf/dashboard/load?token=&dashboard=0&dev=0&callback=angular.callbacks._0

and the response is:

{“error”:true,“type”:“AccessDenied”,“message”:“You are not authorized to perform the requested operation.”}

@ipaterson do you have any insight on this?

i’m stuck in the same boat! I sent an email last week to ST support to change my email address; and specifically asked about WebCore - they said that it shouldn’t impact it.

Yes, Impacted!

I wonder if the endpoint URL that webCoRE has stored needs to be reset.

Let’s do a quick test of that theory. At developer.smartthings.com please go into the code editor for the webCoRE Smart App. Fine the line private pageEngineBlock() {, around line 499 and add the following below it:

state.endpoint = ''

so that it reads

private pageEngineBlock() {
	state.endpoint = ''

Save and publish this change to the webCoRE smart app. Now open the SmartThings mobile app, go to the webCoRE smart app, and tap the Engine Block row at the top. When you tap Done to go back to the main screen webCoRE will set the correct endpoint. Let me know if this has any effect on loading the dashboard.

As a side note you should be able to get all of your backup codes in the SmartThings developer portal. Go to My Locations > smartapps where below webCoRE you will see all your pistons. When you mouse over or click any of those you will see the bin code that can be used to restore (private code that restores without anonymization).

Cannot create a piston
Cannot create a piston

@ipaterson - Thanks for your help

Added the line but I am no coding expert and its missing an } somewhere?

Here is what i added:

and this is the error:

Upgrade to webcore3 and not able to see devices

Sorry, just add the state.endpoint = '' immediately below the existing private pageEngineBlock() { line, above the dynamicPage line

private pageEngineBlock() {
	state.endpoint = ''
	dynamicPage(name: "pageEngineBlock", title: "") {
		section() {
        	paragraph "Under construction. This will help you upgrade your engine block to get access to extra features such as email triggers, fuel streams, and more."
        }
    }
}

Yes, It works now, Thank you Thank you!

That’s great! It seems like this is worth building into the smart app, I’ll try to whip up a settings page for others who have changed username and ended up on a different endpoint.

@Armedmetallica

Follow @ipaterson instructions below and you will have access to the Dashboard again.

I have a potential fix for this that should amount to an easy self-service solution for anyone with this endpoint mismatch issue, but I need to see which parts of the endpoint URL changed for you. It will automatically detect and fix the bad endpoint when you open the smart app, then the dashboard rather than spinning indefinitely will prompt you to log out (to reset stored configs like the endpoint URL).

Can you check the new URL of that intf/dashboard/load request? It looks like you may have found that in your browser’s network profiler so you can either find it there again or in the SmartThings IDE at Locations > smartapps > webCoRE > endpoint.

I’ve hidden that reply so your token isn’t public… minions can still see it though

@Armedmetallica thanks, but I need both the before and after to see what changed – did the fix work for you though? Hopefully @mikebourt can share the new URL so that I can see what changed.

@ipaterson I am sending a PM with the information

hmm same behavior still on my end. One thing I noticed that I had to do is to go back to SmartApps and re-add the repo (or re link it). I did that yesterday before the post here.

Thanks @Robin for hidig it - i wasn’t sure if it was a privacy concern.

@ipaterson - i’ll PM the endpoint that I see now. I don’t have a before/after (unless you changed something after my post with the token earlier)?

Thanks, unfortunately it was not the part I thought would change… possibly the reason that it’s still not working for @Armedmetallica. I will still add the ability to reset that from the smart app but it will be a manual rather than automatic process.

Can you try logging in to the dashboard in a different browser or in Incognito/private mode?

Same thing - i’ll PM you the console info

I also reset Oauth in the IDE as mentioned in @Robin suggestion earlier before following the fix that worked for me. Did you do that?