Changed SmartThings username

I am selling my house and the new owner wants my system.

I had linked my Smartthings to my email account and asked SmartThings to change it today.

Now Webcore DashBoard is no longer available

Anyone have a suggestion?

Here is the quick fix solution to the issue, thanks to @ipaterson

At developer.smartthings.com please go into the code editor for the webCoRE Smart App. Find the line private pageEngineBlock() {, around line 499 and add modify the text:

Save and publish this change to the webCoRE smart app. Now open the SmartThings mobile app, go to the webCoRE smart app, and tap the Engine Block row at the top. When you tap Done to go back to the main screen webCoRE will set the correct endpoint.

Now you should be able to access the Dashboard again.

When I had my ST email address changed (in old CoRE days), I needed to reset Oauth in the IDE before CoRE would work again.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that.

Same Symptom. Spinning notelets

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Go into the WC smartapp via the ST app, go to settings and click ā€˜clean and rebuild data cacheā€™

Also, in your browser settings, clear all browsing data and cache.

Also, hard refresh the browser page (hold Ctrl whilst clicking the page refresh button)

Robin

Thanks for the new suggestions. None of these work.

Talked to SmartThings support and they say looks like the App did not update the username with the email change. All my other apps did.

There suggestion was to delete the app and reload again but I think that means I loose all my pistons? correct?

Anyway other way of logging into the dashboard and noting the backup codes?

Any more suggestions?

Tagging @ady624 @ipaterson

Did you have auto back ups enabled?

Yes?
Ok great. Do you have any of those codes written down or accessible?

Yes again

Perfect, send a PM to Adrian with this backup code and he can find the rest of them. Itā€™s helpful if you can recall about the time it was last edited but not necessary.

No

Youā€™ll need to delete and reinstall then create a piston with auto backup enabled. Save the piston (can be all blank). Then PM Adrian that backup code and he can find the rest of them.

No auto backups

Ehhhh hopefully you actually did have them enabled!

(Click the arrows)

I wonder if the ā€œnoā€ option applies to a user ID changeā€¦ creating a new instance to get a new backup code might not link to the old instance under the old user ID

I can create another instance and not delete the original bad instance and let see if its traceable.?

Created another instance but no Pistons in the dashboard as @Robin suspected. Worried to delete the old instance and create as it probably has the same effect.

Funny thing is that some of the pistons are still running. Not sure what is not running and why not. Just do not have access to the dashboard.

Had found one backup code and sent it to @ady624

I used it to recover one of my pistons in the new instance and it worked.

@Robin, @c1arkbar

Latest Status:

I can confirm that all Pistons are running (They just needed to be run once to initialize them correctly) and the issue is accessing the Dashboard only.

Went to a brand new PC that had never been used and opened the browser.

Used Setting and Security to set a new password for the dashboard in the WebCore App

Went through the Browser Registration process and obtained a new 4 digit key from the WeCore App

It did ask permission for location but went straight to the spinning note-lets but should have then asked to authenticate using the new password.

Are you using chrome?

Hit f12 and open the console. Then try again and post any errors that might pop up

Here is where it gets stuck:

https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/api/token/162c888b-8142-4083-8308-7a6d1d3ac6ae/smartapps/installations/ceee1c11-86c1-448d-a990-94bfba68a143/intf/dashboard/load?token=&dashboard=0&dev=0&callback=angular.callbacks._0

and the response is:

{ā€œerrorā€:true,ā€œtypeā€:ā€œAccessDeniedā€,ā€œmessageā€:ā€œYou are not authorized to perform the requested operation.ā€}

@ipaterson do you have any insight on this?

iā€™m stuck in the same boat! I sent an email last week to ST support to change my email address; and specifically asked about WebCore - they said that it shouldnā€™t impact it.

Yes, Impacted!

I wonder if the endpoint URL that webCoRE has stored needs to be reset.

Letā€™s do a quick test of that theory. At developer.smartthings.com please go into the code editor for the webCoRE Smart App. Fine the line private pageEngineBlock() {, around line 499 and add the following below it:

state.endpoint = ''

so that it reads

private pageEngineBlock() {
	state.endpoint = ''

Save and publish this change to the webCoRE smart app. Now open the SmartThings mobile app, go to the webCoRE smart app, and tap the Engine Block row at the top. When you tap Done to go back to the main screen webCoRE will set the correct endpoint. Let me know if this has any effect on loading the dashboard.

As a side note you should be able to get all of your backup codes in the SmartThings developer portal. Go to My Locations > smartapps where below webCoRE you will see all your pistons. When you mouse over or click any of those you will see the bin code that can be used to restore (private code that restores without anonymization).

Cannot create a piston
Cannot create a piston

@ipaterson - Thanks for your help

Added the line but I am no coding expert and its missing an } somewhere?

Here is what i added:

and this is the error:

Upgrade to webcore3 and not able to see devices

Sorry, just add the state.endpoint = '' immediately below the existing private pageEngineBlock() { line, above the dynamicPage line

private pageEngineBlock() {
	state.endpoint = ''
	dynamicPage(name: "pageEngineBlock", title: "") {
		section() {
        	paragraph "Under construction. This will help you upgrade your engine block to get access to extra features such as email triggers, fuel streams, and more."
        }
    }
}

Yes, It works now, Thank you Thank you!

Thatā€™s great! It seems like this is worth building into the smart app, Iā€™ll try to whip up a settings page for others who have changed username and ended up on a different endpoint.