Cannot get echo speak to work anymore with webcore

1) Give a description of the problem
I have a simple webcore piston that I push the smarthing button and i want it to tell a joke but no sound…I added turning a light on to piston and that works. I look at tracing and it says it did the echo speak. I have gone to the echo speak app on the phone and can do the “test” in echo speak and i hear the echo…it just wont do it from webcore. I have followed steps for installing echo speak multiple times…
I did try and uninstall echo speak app and it never would uninstall…i slid the on off to off and reinstalled again and I’m using that one…which again I can hear using the test

2) What is the expected behaviour?
(PUT YOUR INFO HERE)

3) What is happening/not happening?
no sound
**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston!

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full
(PASTE YOUR LOGS HERE THEN HIGHLIGHT ALL OF THE LOGS AND CLICK ON THE </> ICON TO FORMAT THEM CORRECTLY)
11/25/2019, 8:12:41 AM +957ms
+1ms ╔Received event [den button].button = pushed with a delay of 84ms
+77ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 17ms > PS > 25ms > PE > 35ms > CE
+79ms ║Runtime (36504 bytes) successfully initialized in 25ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (77ms)
+80ms ║╔Execution stage started
+87ms ║║Comparison (enum) pushed gets (string) pushed = true (1ms)
+88ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated true (4ms)
+89ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated true (state did not change) (6ms)
+91ms ║║Cancelling statement #3’s schedules…
+106ms ║║Executed physical command [Den Zooz ZEN23].on() (10ms)
+106ms ║║Executed [Den Zooz ZEN23].on (12ms)
+114ms ║║Skipped execution of physical command [Den Zooz ZEN23].off([]) because it would make no change to the device. (3ms)
+115ms ║║Executed [Den Zooz ZEN23].off (5ms)
+254ms ║║Executed physical command [Echo - Tims’s Echo Dot Den].playJoke() (137ms)
+255ms ║║Executed [Echo - Tims’s Echo Dot Den].playJoke (139ms)
+257ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (177ms)
+258ms ╚Event processed successfully (258ms)
REMOVE BELOW AFTER READING

Double check that ‘Do not disturb’ did not get turned on for that device. Check in the Alexa app under settings. That was what happened to me once.

thanks for idea…I checked and do not disturb is not on…
Note I have included other echos in the piston and none of them speak

Slightly off topic, but you might want to add a small WAIT after the command “Turn on”. I recommend this because you immediately follow it with a “Turn off”… but it is too soon, so it does not send the command. As seen here:

Skipped execution of physical command [Den Zooz ZEN23].off([]) because it would make no change to the device.

Adding a small delay will give the device enough time to register the on, so it can then accept the off command. (although honestly, I am wondering why you want On then Off…)

thanks about on/off…i was just proving to myself that the piston would do something…still cannot get the speaking to work.

well after digging some more…when I went to the webcore app on my phone it had 2 devices for my echo dot. When I unchecked the one and checked the other…the piston then showed a long cryptic name…then I went in and selected the echo dot in the piston and it worked !!!
so it seems that the 2 instances of echo speak are causing a problem even though one is unchecked…
The uninstall of the undesired one will not work…I select to remove and answer the questions but I’m left with 2.
Any one have any ideas how to remove 1 of the echo speaks?

If it has a long cryptic name, then it might be an Echo that you no longer use, but didn’t remove from Smarthings/Webcore/Echo Speaks. Go into the Smartthings App, and look under Automation>Smartapps>Echo Speaks>Manage Devices>Installed Devices and see if there’s an Echo that you stopped using.

yes you are correct in that the long cryptic name is a no longer valid echo dot…the problem is that its due to the fact that I have 2 echo speaks installed but cant delete the bad one.

Gotcha…not sure how to delete the bad ES though. That’s kinda weird. Have you tried going through the ST Dashboard and looking under My Smart Apps?